Cannot enter raid instance bug

Earlier some friends and I were attempting to complete the steps for the “Blood Infusion” quest for Shadowmourne, when we messed up the order of the bites. After my friends died, we decided to see if my disconnecting from the game would reset the encounter, but instead lanathel just took forever to kill him instead. Now that the fight is over, my friends are done for the night, but I cannot re-enter ICC (or any other instance, I tried with totc 25m) and even joining a new group and having that converted to a raid does not work with regards to entering a raid. I submitted a bug report and that’s been accepted but doesn’t actually solve my issue. And contacting support directly is apparently impossible, as I’m just directed to post to the forums. So here I am.

It won’t give you any instant gratification-- all a bug report does is bring the issue to QA’s attention for replication later down the line to see if there is some problem with the code that the devs need to fix. Trying to contact a game master about it is intentionally difficult because they can’t help with bugs.

Are you getting any particular error in the chat box when you try to run through the instance portal?

2 Likes

I’m really quite aware of that, but there’s no other means to submit a ticket stating I can’t enter a raid, please help, since the ticket submission system is a circuitous route to the forums.

I log in, take 10 steps forward and get a red text pop up of “you must in a raid group to enter this instance.” then I’m teleported to the nearest graveyard.

Try typing the command /script LeaveParty() in your chat box and see if that helps. And though I don’t anticipate it having any effect, you might try removing all your gear and dismounting from high in the sky to kill your character if there’s a lingering aura on your character preventing you.

1 Like

Saw that in a prior topic on the issue and tried to enter the command with no success, unfortunately.

You could also give a UI Reset a try, just in case it’s something interfering with your display.

And if that doesn’t work, the last thing I can recommend is submitting a bug report, which you’ve done, and then waiting a full day to see if it clears up, if not next maintenance. However someone else may have some recommendations, so keep this page handy for further replies.

Apparently the suicide trick worked, which disturbs me greatly. Thanks for your help though, I hadn’t seen that recommended elsewhere.

3 Likes

It generally helps to remove your character from a “stuck” phase that it can find itself in on occasion. Also, can remove hidden debuffs that are sticking around longer than intended.

4 Likes

Alternatively, you can usually queue up for an arena/skirmish. Entering the instance should strip a character in the same way. It’s just usually easier to quickly kill your character.

Glad it helps in this case, Chubbikins. Good luck!

3 Likes

Having the same problem, and I tried killing my character and doing the arena none seems to have worked, what could I try next?

Are you getting a particular error, Beinas? You appear to be on an EU account, so there isn’t much I can actually look into, but if you better describe what your experiencing, we might be able to give some advice.

1 Like

Just experienced this in the Battle raid at Zandalar. I had no error messages, no one could summon me, and walking in just bounced me back to the entrance. Killing myself made no difference. Was frustrating because they were asking where I was in the group chat. Now I’ve read elsewhere that sometimes you’re locked out till the group reaches a point you’ve not been to yet if you’ve already done the Raid earlier in the week, so seeing I had indeed been on it a day previous (and the group all left because they didn’t want to do the last boss) that may have been the cause.
Doesn’t help me or others though who need the full run to get an achievement, so eh.

You did not experience the same thing. You experienced a raid lockout.

You also necro’d a 2 year old thread

4 Likes