Cannot enable sound/music in WoW Classic

I am having trouble enabling sound and music in WoW Classic. I’ve confirmed that sound and music do work in retail World of Warcraft without any changes made to settings. Sound also works through other applications such as Google Chrome. Here are the steps I have taken thus far to troubleshoot:

1. Reset all settings to defaults.
  2. Reset Sound settings only to default.
  3. Changed sound output defaults within WoW settings amongst different options available. No change.
  4. Closed application and re-launched WoW Classic.
  5. Restarted computer and then re-launched WoW Classic.
  6. Ran repair of WoW classic from launcher.
  7. Disabled all add-ons prior to logging in to character, no change.
  8. Ran driver updates for sound drivers on PC.
  9. Turned volume up and down on PC, disabled and re-enabled sound output devices multiple times.
  10. Ran test of sound output devices from Windows and confirmed they are working.

Sound did previously work in Classic and the issue only began recently. I typically play with my sound turned down to silent, so I didn’t notice the issue until this past week, so I guess it’s possible it has been going on longer than this.

1 Like

Please send help. I have fallen victim to the same issue. I also just bought a new headset so I am going to explore some different options.

Have you tried pressing cntrl S i accidentally turn sound off all the time

If you have Windows 10,

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar’s notification area
  • Select “Volume Mixer”
  • Find WoW, click the speaker icon at the bottom of the volume slider to unmute

I’m having similar issues, the slider doesn’t even appear in my mixer and it has the correct device set up as my default.