Cannot Complete Greymane's Gambit Stage 2

Same issue as a level 20 demon hunter. I have a 30 yard ranged attack but it’s not enough to hit them. Even tried gliding down to the rock spires below but still too far.

Stuck, and this was the main storyline I got shunted into.

No workarounds? They should refund our game time for those of us stuck here…

2 Likes

i can’t get pass the stage 2 fire at will either. new player starting out in game and how can i get the achievement for the lightforged dreanei and void elf if can’t get pass to move on with the requirements… plz review and fix so one can continue to play and like/enjoy the game to want to stay. thank you very much

I tried on 2 different characters. Blizzard had admitted they’ve known about this bug for 2 weeks now and have still failed to fix it. I really wanna do the legion campaign and this is hindering my ability to do so. It’s really making me want to quit playing this game. 17 years and they still can’t fix bugs like this?

2 Likes

i can’t get pass fire as will on the stage of the game, i even orbed out and flew to the area, but no quest showing to be able to bypass this, went to hunters area and can’t even move onto the next area (suramar) to continue to get friendly with all areas to move onto the unite all areas to get the achievement: you ae now prepared to get new toon opened. this is very frustrating and makes one not wanting to continue with the game and/or sorry they even started and invested what they did. plz plz fix so can want to play and carry on, when this is a great game, and bugs make it not so fun… ty this is for Taillynn/Alliance player not the one showing, this why i was trying to resubmit, saw showing wrong toon.

1 Like

don’t know why it is showing on this toon, this is on my alliance toon Taillynn, guess another bug randomly selecting

Same issue here. It seems there is invisible geometry blocking the gunfire. You can fire the starboard guns successfully, but only if they are pointed slightly aft.

Same issue here, and I’m a Mage and ranged but can’t seem to find a place high enough on the deck to use long range spells. Highly frustrating.

This has been going on for almost a month now- ridiculous. Obviously I picked a great time to try wow again for the first time in forever- spent my one month subscription in large part waiting for them to finally address this bug.

Please see my workaround above.

Playing a rogue, don’t have enough range for that (I think, maybe there’s an item I can get or some talent I don’t know about that’ll work)

1 Like

Hi All - This quest took two attempts for me (seasoned player, level 60 mage). I tried the gun at several angles and tried all of the guns. What I discovered is that if you use the center front gun and point it down (think 30 degree angle), it worked to finish the quest. Agree with above posters that this seems bugged and unlike Squeegy, I was unable to find a point on the ship to shoot at the mobs without using the gun. Hope this helps.

I just want to pop back in to say that I can’t believe this is still bugged and that none of my submitted tickets have gotten a response. I get that things happen, but come on. It’s been at least 20 days and multiple people have reported this issue and it’s a vital part of unlocking content and allied races.

2 Likes

I did this as an outlaw rogue. Pistol shot from the top deck. Shot with cannons till 22/30 and then had to go to the sterncastle to shoot them down.

Take a moment and watch the patterns. Identify the one that flies close and realize he will keep that same route for 4 more. 27-30 you can accomplish from the port side of the sterncastle.

cannot finish the quest spent an hour already only got 15/30
almost made me throw up

It is EXTREMELY finicky, but if you can spam a certain amount of rapid fires and kill three-four with it, you can cause the ai to spawn more in the side area where you can actually kill them. I could just barely get it, but it is doable (extremely frustrating though, and should get fixed either way)

Same issue for me. Could not target the dreadwings. Tried everything that has been suggested and not able to complete the quest. Submitted a bug report, but not hopeful at this point. If they can’t fix, at least let us bypass it.

2 Likes

I’m actually a share holder with ATVI and my tickets are going unresponded on this quest as well.

What an unbelievable failure in game quality. I’m at 21 of 30 deadwings now and I’m PISSED.

2 Likes

In case anyone here was wondering - I was just able to complete the quest. So at the moment it is currently fixed.