Can you still sell BattlePets cross-realm?

So There’s a character on a different realm with 25K Gold, and I wanted to try get it on my main realm, I put a battlepet in auction on my main realm, but can’t find it on the other, has something changed, or am I doing something wrong

That’s not how it ever worked. Pets are account-wide, so you can learn the pet on a character on one realm, then log over to cage it on your alt that is on the other realm and then sell it.

The gold can’t be directly traded across realms.

4 Likes

Yes, you did something wrong. As mentioned, pets are account wide. You can crate a pet (not all are crate-able) and sell it. Or spend that gold you have to buy a pet so your other alts learn it. That’s no real issue.

1: The AH is NOT Cross-Realm. Other than connected realms, it’s Cross-Faction but not Cross-realm.

2: You CANNOT bid on your own auction posts with alts. This has never been a thing even before or after they made the AH Cross-Faction. It couldn’t even be done in a neutral AH. The only way to do this is to have two separate accounts. Make a post on one, buy it using the other, but again it’s cross-faction, not cross-realm.

3: I suggest you put that 25k to use on something else that may benefit your characters on other realms like upgrading looms or something like that.

4: Side Note, you can sorta, indirectly transfer money cross-realm or faction by looting pandaria treasures. Most of them have a vendor value and most are BoA, meaning you can loot them and send them to another faction or realm and vendor/DE. Or you could use that Gold you have to buy a pet on one realm, crate it on a different realm(or faction) then resell it. Though it’s not really efficient.

25k is pretty insignificant to go out of your way to try and transfer.

Just clarifying “two separate accounts”. They would have to be two separate battle . net accounts. Blizzard considers two WoW accounts using same battle . net signon to be the same person so yeah, they wouldn’t be able to buy from each other on AH, pet battle each other in PvP, each do once-a-day quests, etc.

Correct, yes.