Can you remove RNG from crits in battles?

Specific to PvP pet battles, purely because a team that gets 3 crits and wins with a literal stupid A-hole strategy reliant entirely on blessings from the dice gods should not be getting wins vs an actual coherent strategy.

And yes this is rage posting because some a-hole got 3 crits on Body Slam and wiped my team out with no skill involved.

3 Likes

He who lives for the crit can die waiting for it too. Door swings both ways.

2 Likes

Well for the last hour I’ve fought the same a-hole teams and lost because in my mirror match, the enemy went first, and got a crit.

That was literally the only deciding factor.

Just wait til you have a game locked up against a rival player you really cant stand, on the last round until your opponent, who is the same speed as you, goes first of course, desperately uses their 50% hit chance move…and then crits on top of it, stealing that hard-fought win right from outta your hands.
It’s at that point I will hit the ‘exit game’ button, get up, make a sandwich, have a beer and try to forget it ever happened.

How do you know who you’re going against? Your opponent is hidden.

The RNG gods rule every aspect of this game. Even in real PVP crits and procs very often decide the outcome.

Pet battles have moves designed to specifically increase your crit chance (rain dance, etc), so I don’t see how they can remove crit.

1 Like

A majority of the tryhards in my particular meta all name their pets.

It would be one thing if those crit-bonus moves were the only thing to grant you chances to crit. In reality, I would rather see things relegated to the damage bonus effects, since those are normalized and averaged.

It’s not tournament chess, it’s wow-pokemon.

Don’t take winning too seriously.
It’s designed to give poorer players a chance to win sometimes, but better players will always get better win percentages.

1 Like

Or when going against this same opponent you do everything right, predict their every move, and it comes down to that last move where you just need to hit through that darkness… 90% chance to win… miss, lose.

I’ve almost made so many threads like this. Instead I just vent on Twitter.

1 Like

They could do the following, a move without 100% chance to hit cannot crit and or remove crits altogether, unless you use a buff of course only in PVP.