Can you please stop with the Kul'Tiran Fat Shaming?

I for one am sick of it. It contributes nothing to the forum discussion, it’s flooding the forum, and honestly, it’s outright insulting to the players that are not thin/fit and have been looking forward to a non-furry race they can actually associate with in-game. If it actually broke the forum ToS, I’d actually use my allocated flags to report the topics that started it, but I can’t actually find anything in the ToU that the topics violate.

That said, Blizzard did something I did not expect and actually avoided all even remotely fat jokes in the Kul’Tiran /sillys and /flirts, and I actually commend them on that as well.

Anyway, to clear up some issues:

1. They are not that fat. The males are husky and muscular. They have the body of a bodybuilder that has worked on a dock for their whole life. The females do lack muscle definition for some reason, but otherwise, they have the same body type. Just imagine the body with muscle definition. It’s meant to be a bodybuilder dockworker type. That said, they still have the body that husky people can associate with.
  2. For those who say “I don’t want to play a ‘fat’ character.” - You don’t have to. You want to play a thinner human? Shocker. There’s regular humans in game. If it’s all about wanting a human druid? Play a worgen. Not every race in this game is gonna be something you identify with. Huskier people have been forced to play as thinner races for the past 14 years, or play with fur as Pandaren. Blizzard even made a cow race have an hourglass figure. There are canonically other body types of other races, like fat goblins like Gallywix, yet we can’t play as them.
  3. This game is about playing a fantasy character. Unless you actually think you’re a space goat that wields the power of the light, I think you can suspend your disbelief and play a husky human that turns into a wicker beast. Yes, this also applies to people like me who want a character they can relate with, but in my case, I just want a SINGLE race I can relate with, whereas you have many races you already can.

Just please, stop. No, this isn’t about me “being offended.” This is just about you being a decent human being and understanding that shockingly, not every race in this game is being made specifically for you. There are other people in this world. People like me have had to understand that for the last 14 years and we didn’t complain. It’s time you did this time.

That said, I’d have zero issues if they added druid and shaman to the regular human class list once you unlock the allied race, so you could play as a “thin Kul’tiran Human”, but without having to code Kul’Tirans to actually have to use multiple body types. But leave Kul’Tirans alone.

125 Likes

I’m not at all for the whole “fat acceptance, big is beautiful” movement myself but this is just ridiculous. Kul tirans aren’t even obese, they still have good musculature and are obviously fit enough to fight and lift. People are blowing their weight way out of proportion and it’s honestly just annoying.

63 Likes

Its not that they’re fat that I have a problem with, its that the men look like giant muscular bruisers and the women just look chubby. It also doesnt currently help that the female animations are pretty bad currently.

36 Likes

The females are lacking muscle definition for some reason. The models themselves are fine, but for some reason the art department forgot to shade the models and give them muscle definition. If you look at them without armor on, you can tell that’s the issue cause there’s no shading below the neck.

The lack of shading causes the female’s muscular bruiser build to look like she’s pregnant.

It’s a semi-easy fix, so hopefully they fix it before it goes live. If not, it’s something they can fix in a minor patch rather easily.

7 Likes

BIG
CHUNGUS

They’re hefty, complaining about word choice isn’t gonna change that. This is coming from a hefty player irl too.

38 Likes

What I don’t understand is if you walk around Boralus, you’ll see NPCs half the size of other ones. What’s up with that?

17 Likes

Asking for more options is not fat shaming.

34 Likes

Kul Tirans** there’s no apostrophe fam.

7 Likes

The vast majority of Kul Tiran NPCs, including almost every single Kul Tiran in any sort of leadership role, looks like a normal human, and yet we dont get that option.

25 Likes

Guess what, they release content I don’t want. I WILL complain. The fact that they are releasing “fat people” as a new race is downright insulting. The fact that If I want that set of racials, heritage or to be a human shaman/druid I have to be fat is stupid.

The fact that The most important Kul’tiran of lore doesn’t look like that at all should’ve already shut the idea down.

Kul’tiras are coming halfway through the expac, that means that the next race I’d want to play is MUCH MUCH further down the line.

Furthermore it’s only yet another way to give the Alliance something obviously less desirable than the horde’s counterpart.

So yes. I am going to complain because “fat people” is not a good race, whether you like it or not.

57 Likes

going by the current models seems they didnt have them done yet and still dont

1 Like

Want husky and muscular? Look at Tychus Findlay from Starcraft 2: A Blizzard game. Kul’tiran men are fat without a doubt, their problem is the gut, hell even the chin, being too large.

The problem with the women mostly lies in their face. It’s not something that looks like it belongs to a tenacious/rugged race. I’ve seen a fan edited that looked amazing and did justice to Kul’tiran women and I’d actually consider playing one if the edit was the real model.

15 Likes

Fan edit taken from another thread

https://i.imgur.com/xom1sCF.png

The woman on the left is fat. The woman on the right is husky and muscular and the typical ‘female weightlifter’ build people insist Kul Tiran women have but actually dont.

44 Likes

This is perfect.

Honestly Blizzard could’ve made Kul’tiran females look like Zarya from their other game and it would’ve been perfect. Instead they made them look like women who never heard of cardio in their lives.

14 Likes

I threw money at my screen but the PTR still looks like “fat” =( I’d trade the dang raid tier for the edit.

4 Likes

I feel like it’s a rhetorical question. Gnome shaming and jokes because lol short people continue. As sad as it may be, KT players…get used to it. GD/WoW is a savage place.

8 Likes

They are not fat, the are obese. Like a balloon. Bears and such.

27 Likes

While I agree that a lot of people on this forum seem to get a kick from chucking the obese/fat term around, it personally doesn’t bother me (and yes, I am not thin). It isn’t a personal attack, its just people voicing opinions on a racial appearance that - in some ways - is justifiable.

Many of the Kul Tiran npcs do not have the hefty build that is being offered to us. In the case of Pandarens, all Pandarens look that way and therefore its perfectly reasonable. All Gnomes are short, all Draenei have hooves and tails, all Orcs are so handsome sturdy and so on. If they wanted to be genuine about providing a new race they could have surely provided a slider to allow players to pick which body version they wanted to play.

I would have still played a hefty female Kul Tiran because I think they look gorgeous but…well…I like the sturdy types :smiley:

So I’d just pass by all those “Kul Tirans are Fat!” posts and not get too spun out about 'em.

10 Likes

I get the impression that the fat models. Might be used later on to add female and male ogres to the horde. One less outline the devs have to design. But in ogre form!

1 Like

They are fat though

22 Likes