Can you lose Trust Level 3 without Blizzard notifying you?

Be sure to mindlessly like every post, whether you read it or not, whether you agree with it or not, daily until you reach your limit.

13 Likes

Yeah, it has to be it. It’s just weird, I feel like I’m on the forums more than I’m actually playing the game these days.

1 Like

I can’t imagine this is what Blizzard intends people to do to reach the requirements.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s my like count that’s an issue, I give out likes for things I actually agree with and like quite frequently.

I’m starting to think it’s not my post read count that’s an issue though. I just increased that dramatically since yesterday, still to no avail.

Is there anywhere that Blizzard provides a tracker for your current Trust level and what exactly you are missing from it to be able to gain the next level?

I’m getting really frustrated that I had Trust level 3, something that mostly came organically because I’m here a lot, but that I did put some deliberate effort into achieving due to the post count piece is quite high for posts read… and have lost it somehow without knowing how I actually lost it, or what to do about it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/lorsaire-earthen-ring.json

I can see my Trust level is back to 2. I just wish I knew or Blizzard gave us some way to see it exactly on our profile what it was and what we are missing for the next step.

The lack of clarity around it is really aggravating.

5 Likes

I haven’t heard of such a thing, but it sure would be useful. Since you already had lvl 3, I’m certain the problem is the number of posts read in the last XX days requirement. As far as I recall, that’s pretty much the only one that’s an ongoing requirement.

I usually notice I’ve lost my trust level when I don’t see the lvl 3 Lounge listed in the forums. Then I go read a bunch of threads until it pops up again.

2 Likes

I found this:

Maybe that’s helpful…though not as helpful as having a way to find out in exactly which requirement you’ve fallen short.

5 Likes

If its a read count issue, the easiest thing to do is find the largest threads and slowly scroll down them. It counts posts as read when the Blue dot next to the time stamp fades away. You can move fairly quickly, just don’t pull straight down as it needs time for that blue dot to fade or it doesn’t count.

1 Like

Thanks, yes, I’m familiar with this thread, it’s what I used to check off what I first needed to attain level 3. I’ve had this one bookmarked for myself.

The issue is really that, at first it was pretty easy to tell if you hit the 20k posts read mark. Because you were starting from 0. So, I think I hit like 20,104 or something like that when I first got Trust level 3. Now, I’ve got no idea. I’m up to 53.8k posts read and still don’t have Trust level 3 back.

I really don’t think there’s anything I would have posted since attaining 3 that would have been both flagged as offensive or spam that would have been confirmed by a moderator. And I’m positive I have no forum suspension else I would have received an email notification on that.

So, I’m just perplexed now on what the problem is.

I know it’s not the spirit of the rule but at this point just as a measure of testing I am just opening big threads and just holding the down button to scroll through them. It’s increasing the post read count on my summary, so I guess I’ll just try to inflate that by 20k of where I knew it was to see if that was the issue. I don’t know how else to look to see if that was it. At least then I’d know where the problem was. If I have 20k more posts than I had earlier this week when I was still able to post links and had Trust level 3, then I can rule that out as the issue if it doesn’t come back.

It’s really frustrating to be stuck like this and have them provide no clue to you as to what is going on or what happened.

1 Like

Most likely you lost the 20,000 posts read in the last 100 days requirement.

They REALLY need to lower that though. It’s EXTREMELY unhealthy levels of forum activity.

I’m legitimately agoraphobic. I am on these forums a very unhealthy amount of time as it is, and I get maybe 5,000-7,500 posts read in 100 days. I don’t need to read every single post in a thread. I read the first 10ish and maybe the last 5. There’s no reason to read all 200+ posts in a thread, absolutely no reason.

If a thread has thousands of posts, I’ll click summarize a thread and read those posts.

I still do not get anywhere near even 10,000 posts. And I’m still no where near 20,000 in 100 days. It’s ridiculous they expect people to do that.

I’ve gotten to the point I literally just open a thread with thousands of posts and leave my mouse on autoscroll when I get up or go to bed. Eventually my browser crashes, but I’ll get 2-3k posts read from it.

5 Likes

There are three ways to lose it:

1. Get a vacation or ban
  2. Fall behind on requirements
  3. Have more than five posts flagged by different individuals that are moderated

Yes. You need to maintain the TL3 requirements.

Most likely you dropped below 20k posts read within the last 100 days.

It is sad they have to be maintained though. I would never keep it if my job expected me. To actually work my entire weekend doubles haha.

Speaking of, time. To click out and. Go home.

That’s what appears to be happening to my browser right now as I’m trying to figure out the issue. Autoscrolling on big threads and it seems about 2k-3k somewhere in that range and it crashes.

It’s kind of insane. I’m on these forums every single day. Probably in between 2-3 hours a day. I usually browse them while I play because I can’t stand getting shunted off on flight paths where you can’t control your character right now while flight is effectively timegate banned. I read a lot of the forum. I post a good deal.

20k posts read is actually really high. And it’s odd they even picked 20k posts as the marker in the first place. Because you can scroll through 20k one line posts about junk that hardly constitute “good” posts easily, but it’s usually the people who put a bit more thought into what they post and have a paragraph or two that are the good posts that are really worthwhile. But to get through 20k of those is a lot more challenging, even though you get more out of it. So, it seems kind of a dumb metric to require even from the outset.

They probably dont. In fact, they probably dont want the masses to reach TL3 considering what TL3 means.

I have never paid attention to how many posts I have read in a week or a day or 100 days, but I have never lost TL3 so far and I dont do the scroll tricks. In fact, I also skip a lot of posts if the thread is large.

1 Like

My computer doesn’t even load most of the posts I scroll past, because it’s an old computer.

So it doesn’t even register in my account half the time.

I’ve literally checked my account before after legitimately reading a good 500 posts and it only went up like 100, even though it was a new thread I had never read before.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I work a crap ton, have a family and other busy obligations that keep me constantly occupied… are suddenly calling my random phone posts when I have a moment “unhealthy?”

I take offense to that. Just sayin’.

1 Like

Phones scroll through the forum a lot faster than the computer. The mobile site is optimized ridiculously well.

Like, ridiculously fast. But not everyone browses the website on their phone.

EDIT: To give you an idea, I loaded this thread on my phone, I scrolled to the bottom in like 3 seconds. I reloaded the page on my computer, it took me 30 seconds to reach the bottom.

Now imagine that with a thread with thousands of posts.

1 Like

I don’t have this issue on my computer. Sounds like a comp problem to me. And my point still stands. You insulted people, because this isn’t no-lifing the forums.

Reading 20,000 posts in 100 days in unhealthy, no matter how you look at it.

I literally spend 16 hours a day on my computer apart from days I go to the store/doctor with my family, at least 6 of those are on these forums, and I don’t even read 20,000 posts in 100 days.

4 Likes

I still think trust levels are hilarious. Posting links is to internet discussion as bread is to a sandwich.

1 Like

That’s like saying someone who reads a lot of books is unhealthy. Some people read fast. Most people scroll through and skim. Many do it on another screen while playing the game.

20,000 posts with many being only a few words in three months is not a lot.

Please stop insulting people.

3 Likes