Can you kick someone from their own key and finish?

My 15 Gambit, invited a 3 person group. Three of them repeatedly berated me for not having an invis pot to skip the mobs in the hallway to the first boss. They wait til the second boss goes down before kicking me from my key. I assume they went on to complete the run after hijacking my key. I reported one of them for cursing me out, but will anything come of it? Can you still grief people by kicking them before the last boss?

Unlikely

Yeah but if you were there when the key was started, if the key is finished in any capacity you’ll get credit / loot chance for it. So it’s not like they just kicked you and ruined your key, they basically kicked you and gave you a free run if they completed it.

Also yikes at the pugs you’re getting.

4 Likes

I’m kinda wondering why you promoted someone else to lead in your key, but that’s neither here nor there. To answer the question even if they kicked you and finished the key themselves, you still get your roll for loot at the end. Any items or currency you would’ve gotten at the end of the run will be in your mailbox.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Im relieved to know that if that happens, I still get credit.

As for not keeping lead, Ive had tanks/healers ask me to make tank lead so their addons work correctly. I took their word for it and it became a habit.

1 Like

They should get better addons.

1 Like

Should have just told them you used all your invis pots to ghost their mothers after their conceptions, pulled a room and bounced. Who needs to deal with that kind of idiotic behavior? lol

1 Like

Im not sure what character this happened on, but if it was this warlock, they did not finish. If they did finish, you get vault credit and are eligible for loot in the mailbox at the end! I wish I would get kicked from keys and have people finish it so i can take a nap once in a while! Imagine!

Story time! Yesterday (I think, I’m getting old and pretty sure have mild CTE) was in a 20 gambit and everyone but me and the monk died early on the last boss so we two manned it. It was fantastic fun actually, but the hunter left immediately after he died. I hope he got loot in the mail and his mind was blown.

Also, sorry about those pugs, most people aren’t like that. Keep the faith.

2 Likes

The group for the key is set when it starts. If the key is finished, everyone is eligible for loot, and vault gear, and maybe even for rating too (not sure about that one).

Yesterday i had a +9, also in Gambit, where one hunter massively screwed a pull with Barrage causing us to wipe, the healer told him to stop barragepulling stuff and he left. We went ahead without him and managed to narrowly time it. On raiderio the hunter is in the key roster, and if i go to his profile, the key shows up in the list, despite him not finishing it.

It is a double edged sword, because it can reward leavers with the efforts of others, but it is also in place specifically to prevent situations like yours. As long as the key is finished, it will count as if you completed it. This is why i dont bother with kicking people and im almost always against those who propose it, because it does nothing. Unless the guy in question is intentionally sabotaging us, there is no point in doing that.

People in 15s expect you to be prepared (at least for the standard route) and know how to play.

Don’t know what this is supposed to mean, but everyone should bring a stack of invis pots at all times in 14+.

1 Like

This smells pretty fishy:
OP has sparse key completion and hasn’t completed a 15 except their junk they got an obvious carry from.
Probably another half truth case of pretending people who are decent at the game are “toxic elitists”.

1 Like

This is an alt, my key was on my shaman. I’ll switch characters after this post.

I normally do mythics with my two friends on disc, but both are in Florida and still do not have internet after Ian. Besides making sure there’s a hero and synergy, we dont bother with consumables unless pugs want to bring them. We still usually time or at least complete, and its never been a problem.

Here’s the character I had the key on. My alts are in the same guild. One of them was mock asking me if I was a noob wanting to get my first keystone. Actually yeah, I needed Upper tyrannical for completion, and plan to work on timing 15s when my friends get their internet back. I just wanted my 15 gambit for the vault.

Apparently, they didnt finish it because there was no chest in the vault. Its a big relief to know I will still get credit if that happens, or at least just leave instead sticking it out while being called a noob, scrub, poor, and a R-slur dumb azz.

Thanks all for the replies! I’m still not buying invis pots. XD

If it was this Sunday or Monday you tried that key just be advised, those are the days the freaks come out trying last ditch vault but mostly draining keys. Your io is sporadic, so I could understand a pack of three losers using that as ammo.
If it’s any consolation, it doesn’t matter how good or bad you are, these characters will gaslight you all the same.
I thought I screenshotted the harrassment in party from a group of 3 last night. When I left the group they were wasting my time in, they took it to wispers, but put me on ignore so I could not reply. I can’t find that screenshot, but I know it’s just that sun/mon crowd.

I don’t do that invis skip in Gambit, because like you I am an intellectual, but you really do need to grab a stack of 20 invis pots for 20gold for other dungeons. Don’t let those muppets ruin this for you.

1 Like

People should not call you names under any circumstance or make you feel uncomfortable, ever. That being said, if you value your time and want to make the most of it and succeed, I recommend doing everything within your own controllable power to do so. This includes invis pots, flasks/potions, clicking defensives , interrupting ect. If you choose to do the bare minimum, you will be only hurting yourself and your own experience.

Again, you have the right to not care whether you win or lose, and that’s fine, but I strongly believe that the best way to improve your experience is to make everyone else’s experience more enjoyable around you! Good luck :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Kind of a bad attitude to have. And to be honest you seem like a mega whiner to me. I’m not surprised they kicked you from your own group.

1 Like

Thanks all for the kind words. I dont normally pug without my friends or on the day before reset, so it was a very different experience than one I’m used to. My buddy got his keystone master mount before me because I kept switching mains. Still, even if I was a noob that wanted my first keystone, what does that matter? Clearly 15s are cakewalk for you, so just play the game, bro.

I’ll still pug alone, buddies’ internet is still down, I’ll just keep lead for myself and drop if someone’s being a jerk.

Kind of a bad attitude to have. And to be honest you seem like a mega whiner to me. I’m not surprised they kicked you from your own group.

The XD is meant to be cheeky. Not saying that I’ll never use them. But TBH I am poor; all my gold goes to token subs. (Just like being a noob, being poor isnt a bad thing either.) My groups with friends are chill; we have DBM, discord, know the fights and usually time. I’m not picky about consumables, but if you’re going to rage about pots or paths or not 2 chesting - maybe do 15+ with a guild who’s on the same page and not scream at pugs?

While I don’t think its right for people to abuse you for not having them, what I will say is that they’re so absurdly cheap and so rarely used that you could do a single daily calling from your covenant sanctum, vendor the whites that come from it, and buy enough invis pots to last the rest of the expansion.

1 Like