Can you all stop asking for paid transfers now?

the fate of the flamelash server is what will happen to every single pvp server if this gets implemented. from reports they only had a 60/40 horde/ally split. It only takes one guilds worth of players transferring off to start a run away snowball effect that will kill a server leading into a chain reaction as the reports start flooding in of dead servers. more and more will want to try and get off theirs while the gettings good!

2 Likes

I mean not if it’s only open to the bigger faction with a cutoff…

You’re not my real dad.

17 Likes

Would you rather they just quit then? Because these players will likely leave instead if they can’t transfer.

28 Likes

Considering, they will move on to the next excuse. It’s probably better they do leave. Then Blizzard can combine all the dead realms and solve the problem.

5 Likes

blizzard actually cant combine the dead realms, because of name restrictions

Who cares if what happened on flamelash happens on other PvP servers? It’s either paid transfer or people quit. Either way the end result is the same: an empty server on the alliance side. At least with paid transfers those alliance can continue to play the game somewhere else and there will likely be a larger player base a few months from now.

11 Likes

Except blizzard won’t ever do this because #NoChanges.

And merging realms won’t even fix this, it didn’t work with retail realms after all, and it has a much larger playerbase at various points in its life than classic does now.

LOL, you really believe this? ALL players already have -Realm added to their name. The connected realm tech is built in.

1 Like

I’m sooooo sleepy I need some coffee haha

You believe #noChanges mentality will stop dead realms? Or Blizzard dealing with dead realms? The solution is connected realms.

Or a systems similar to LFR only it doesn’t cough up instant epics or big payouts.

Nah, we want to continue to provide the Horde what they crave…an easy win over a greatly overmatched opponent. The more that transfer away, the easier it gets, and everyone is happy.

1 Like

They won’t do this because merged realms weren’t a thing in classic and would go against both the playerbase and their own visions of classic.

This is the rare occasion where this mantra works against them entirely. To go against it would basically open the Pandora Box against the whole concept of classic wow.

1. Blizzard NEVER merged realms.
  2. Blizzard added Layering, that never existed in vanilla, to mitigate Dead Realms.
  3. You still believe Blizzard has no plans for dead realms?
  4. Connected Realms is Blizzard’s fix for dead realms.
2 Likes

#nochanges means giving us back paid transfers which was introduced I believe in 1.7 and we are playing on 1.12…

10 Likes

Sorry man its the only way to save classic atm. Paid xfers are coming.

2 Likes

The result of paid xfers is really no different to ppl stopping to play on the pvp server and rerolling on another one coz they are ganked all the time. The consequence is the same as from a server balance point of view. Almost all pvp servers will be one sided in time. Happened in retail and will happen in classic. The question is whether blizzard wants to lose subs or not while it happens.

3 Likes

if they open transfers to pve they should probably make a few new pve servers to put all those people on. lol.

4 Likes

It’s win win- Horde get their Alliance free servers that they’ve been begging for with their constant ‘reroll or quit’ spam, and Alliance get off servers they aren’t playing on at all.

5 Likes