Can we talk about this? Rune of the Apocalypse

Engrave your weapon with a rune that gives your ghoul’s attacks a chance to apply one of the following debuffs to the target, Death: Healing Reduction, War: Increases damage taken from the Death Knight, Famine: Reduces damage dealt to the Death Knight, Pestilence: Slows the target and deals damage over time.

Modifying your rune requires a Runeforge in Ebon Hold.

War: Affected enemy takes increased damage from the Death Knight by 1% per stack.
Pestilence: Affected enemy suffers X shadow damage over 6 seconds and 15% slow per stack.
Famine: Affected enemy deal reduced damage to the Death Knight by 2% per stack.
Death: Affected enemy takes reduced healing by 1% per stack.

Each of these debuffs stacks up to 3 times and lasts for 6 seconds.

Anyone tried this runeforge extensively? Judging by the debuffs of Pestilence, Famine and Death, this runeforge seems like it is mainly used for Unholy PvP which is something I’m tinkering with atm.

How do you guys think it fares against other runeforges?

Personally I think it needs to be redone, as currently it’s just a bunch of very minor debuffs. Half of which are useless in pve.

needs to be a 25% MS along with other classes

7 Likes

the apoc rune is supposed to be a general purpose rune for unholy but is basically dead in the water as long as only your pet applies it. it only ever gets to 1 or 2 stacks of a buff. 1-2% healing redux isn’t worth taking this over other runes. SSG is still the better general purpose rune for pvp.

2 Likes

Yea I thought as much. :confused:

What a shame, I’m starting to like it a bit.

on paper it looks interesting, but the stacks need to to more % per stack and you need a way to get all 4 debuffs fully stacked up.

in legion this was done by having any pet apply stacks, so when you hit apoc, it would end up maxed out on stacks for all 4 debuffs, fully synergizing with your burst phase.

It’s kind of sad… dang…

Even with the 62% haste increase, Timmy doesn’t even apply enough of those stacks. The results are inconsistent…

-sigh- Oh well… back to SSG. Was fun experimenting while it lasted.

Such a sad rune :pensive:

The perfect example of a good concept executed very poorly. I’ve tested it a lot and the duration of the buff and debuffs are way too short, inconsistent and as with some others it is inferior to fc.

… Something’s not quit…

XENO!? YOU’RE A GIRL NOW???

WHAAATTT??

I know you can switch genders but…

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????

All these new runes are just bonus for torghast. Just ignore them and stick to fallen crusade. The class is balanced having it on anyway.

It’s for aesthetic reasons :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unholy is pretty much the only spec stuck with fc in pve for optimization.

Frost and blood could use all of the other ones depending on your preference.

Nah if youre using anything but Fc youre doing it wrong. Blood might have an option on longer execute phases with sanguination but in general FC is better.

btw, FC gives 10% strength instead of 15% in PvP

I think it needs to be buffed to apply to skulker, Blood worms, Gargoyle, and Magus’s rather than JUST the one Ghoul.

Sorry frosties, dont see a way this rune forge will be applicable to you.

Don’t forget about Buttons!

Moriaz did not create him without reason. :slight_smile:

It should just be based on DK auto attacks rather than the ghoul. Death/war needs to be combined and famine/pestilence needs to be combined. The proc rate should be at least 25% to 50% at only 1 stack not 3 to make it worth it. That would make it worth considering at least in some pvp situations like long arena matches or rbgs if there isn’t an MS available.

Would love one with a chance to apply a wound, or something to proc a temporary pet, for fun.

what if it applied all of them at once? :crazy_face: