Can we talk about the useless Night elf racial, Shadowmeld?

The problem with Alliance is that its people are too dumb to use their racial properly.

8 Likes

Matters what we’re all looking for.

I want to play with friends and I’m personally fine in my current battlegroup. I don’t really play that much anyway.

The recruitment issues though, are a huge problem across the entire alliance. They’re only getting worse, and they are an issue that trickle down in degrees.

We have fewer pugs, that are generally less capable, forming at any given time. And I’ve got friends in progression guilds on the more competitive servers who have verified this for me (super scientifically. Let me tell you. They even checked like two or three times to see if there was a difference this one time…)

1 Like

pretty much sums up what i said, and the whole thread of why shadowmeld is good…but not saying it’s a top-notch racial

true facts there and just like so many of the player-base that are terrible at interrupts

This is true, but unfortunately there is no dps gain to be had from Shadowmeld anymore. It does not give you subjerfuge/master assassin/nightstalker benefits.

So it’s not truly a second vanish.

“These values are not final.”

1 Like

just like nothing on the PTR is final, but everything somehow ends up in retail as it is.

1 Like

Not true at all, just off the top of my head I can think of two large changes where they listened to feedback…kind of. The much abhorred Tyrande scenario saw revision and some of its fundamental problems were corrected and the Legion Death Grip animation where they overhauled the iconic grip to a bunch of chains.

Be jaded all you want, but when a dev says “These numbers aren’t final” and “We are discussing it”, ten to one the numbers aren’t final.

Heck, I’ll take it! Have you seen my racials?

1 Like

Shadowmeld is the best thing ever! You leave my racial alone!

Shadowmeld is not useless against those freaked out critters that run away from our AoE!

I feel for you, but your server is honestly awful for recruiting for both factions. Not a single guild has completed mythic 8/8 and only 10 have completed any bosses in mythic. If you were to go to say a bigger and better server like sargeras you would see 25 8/8 guilds and 293 guilds downing at least one boss.

Y’all say shadowmeld is awesome, but the only argument you bring up is it being able to interrupt. Like how in the world can you equate that to other OP racials, Arcane Torrent, Regenratin’, Gift of the naaru to an extent, etc… I am talking pvp here, I do not dispute it’s usefulness in pve.

If I recall you said…

But then it looks like he did. So just admit you were wrong and shove off instead of trying to blow it off.

2 Likes

I use it all the time on my Druid to break combat and get into stealth.

OP, what game have you been playing? Cause it doesn’t seem like we’re playing the same game.

Shadowmeld is one of my favorite racials, if not THE favorite one I have (when I’m on a Night Elf, of course).

1 Like

what else is he gonna say, that it’s accurate when it’s on PTR? Blizz’s track record proves almost everything they put in PTR ends up in retail as is.

Big disagree here. If you pvp, its a huge deal. Polymorphs, cyclones, hard casted pyroblasts, anything like that, right before the cast finishes, “Shadowmeld” and suddenly their cast is reset. Its like a free interrupt.

still inferior to arcane torrent, regeneratin’ and most other racials.

I’d rather have Shadowmeld than either of those.

1 Like