Can we talk about the book?

I’ll pass.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard from someone reading passages from the book, context does not help.

1 Like

yeah heck reading. lets just take out of context statements and get mad for hours on end instead of taking a few minutes to understand what we’re mad at.

2 Likes

I mean if you wanna get me the book I’ll read it, but I’m not giving Blizzard another dime

I’m not buying a warcraft book are you crazy?

1 Like

Outrage first. Reading never.

1 Like

Lord of the Clans was good, I enjoyed that book.

Whaaaat? People would never take fragmented passages to manipulate outrage…no never…

1 Like

Eh. It was okay. But most Warcraft books are bottom tier fantasy and I’d rather read something I enjoy. Especially since any Warcraft book is going to be retconned anyway

1 Like

This book in particular. The author doesn’t seem to have much of a track record in writing but it also appears his job is simply to collate the lore rather than make it.
Considering the changes in Blizzard recently (the departure of A.A.), I wouldn’t be surprised if what we see in game, and what the top brass decided really happens, are in conflict.

Yeah, searched everything. 2-4 weeks. What? It sold out? I’m trying (not successfully) to not read thread, and pushing down being ticked, (& can’t be ticked with everyone else, ) jealous I don’t have it! Lol /grin

Tbf, I was in 5th grade when I read it. It wasn’t Sanderson or anything but it wasn’t offensively bad.

No idea! It is a very odd story being told just from the store pages all calling it sold out but practically nobody seems to have it :rofl:

1 Like

So the new internet past time is to take out of context phrases to just trash on a book? I have yet another thing to have panic attacks over.

I’m not really sure its out of context when we have entire pages showing it in context.

2 Likes

Also not everyone is having a panic attack? I’m more interested in having a discussion, but people seem more interested in claiming nothing is wrong. It definitely ISN’T a good look, what we’ve seen. And having heard someone read passages, context doesn’t do anything to help it be any better. But…sure, discussion equates to panic.

:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

But you see, no matter what it is, be it a paragraph, a page, or a whole book. There’s always a larger context that is never actually explained that makes it ok.

1 Like

This is probably my fault of framing the OP poorly. Sorry!

heres an idea. read the book, give honest feedback. not listen to someone whine about a single passage and write off the entire thing as awful.

I also just think its funny and a great example of Blizzard’s quality control right now lol

1 Like

Considing I just pubished my first novel about a month ago yes I am having a panic attack.