Can we stop saying unironically

“That good advice that you just didn’t take”.

2 Likes

It’s overused.

1 Like

Unironically, I never use unironically.

I’ll remove unironic from my vocabulary if others will remove “bespoke” from theirs.

1 Like

Ironically I don’t believe I have seen that word being used as much as you are trying to paint outside of this thread.

1 Like

Now that it’s been pointed out, you will notice it. Every YouTube video, every stream, every comment.

People say “…cuz they heard streamers saying it.” too much as well.

Ironically you were the first person to say it here

1 Like

Language evolves

1 Like

True, a lot of people are copying streamers nowadays.

Its literally free speech and there rite 2 use cuz their better then u.

/s

(Bonus: Count how many problems with that sentence lol)

1 Like

Ironically, no, we can’t stop using unironically. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Just like how people copied the media in the past too. Monkey see monkey do, after all.

I’m a fox though, so I do my own thing. :fox_face:

THAT is an example of irony. I see so many people say something is “ironic” when it’s not. Irony has to involve opposites. A fire truck catching on fire is ironic. Having bugs ruin your gamplay experience is NOT ironic.

It MAY be ironic when TWW launches if there are bugs in the game that mess up the Nerubians though.

1 Like

That’d be a good guild name…“Bugged Bugs Bug Me” :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

1 Like

Ok I’m stealing that for future use. I don’t plan on using it as a guild name, but I’m definitely stealing that phrase haha.

Ok but seriously your post is the first time in a while I’ve seen it on the forums.

2 Likes

See, why don’t people use the word sincerely or seriously, instead?

2 Likes

Unironically only has meaning when the person saying it is not usually sincere. Which makes sense why streamers would overuse it.

1 Like