Can we send the writing team to college?

I would just prefer if the devs had a better idea for the story but didn’t themselves write it and let the writing team do their thing.

Like it seems like a lot of story decisions end up at the whims of a dev who decides “this will be cool lol” and it’s something like not cool and ruins the story, and the expansions are like barely strung together in connection but past that there doesn’t feel like a greater connection to the story like does SL feel like it’s been built up from MOP? Not really and why is that because they only plan one expansion ahead?

Why did the writing team who did a good job in Cata w Garrosh get him “wrong” on some “oh well he wasn’t supposed to be that way” way, their the writing team?

I watched a small thing from what ever the ffxiv like event is where they brought out the lead writer and like I think the person I was watching was saying like how they were emphasizing how good of a job they did to plan from like ARR all the way to what ever the current thing is. And I thought tbh does shadowlands feel like it was planned from that far back in regards to wow? And if not why? What’s the issue and why are devs who aren’t writers writing so much when it comes to wow

For what it’s worth I kinda asked this question in another thread a bit back and the answer was very good so I bookmarked it

1 Like