Can we please put a disclaimer on the character creation screen

Perhaps faction-based restrictions would be in order? I know it would be tough to be that player who is left out… but maybe alleviating the problem up front would be a better idea.

Let me reclarify then. “Unplayable as a living character”. Is that better? Yes, this game is quite a great corpse running simulator.

1 Like

What kind of restrictions ? Restrict character creation to a certain faction so can’t play with your friends that are on a certain server ? or restrict login so that someone has to wait hours on end to get onto an empty server ?

If you don’t like unregulated, open world PvP then why did you create a character on a PvP server ?

Exactly. Restrict faction rolls based on existing server pop balance. Such a policy would definitely fix the imbalance problem.

But of course, as you note, there would invariably be “that guy” who got left out.

If you have a better idea, I seriously would love to hear it.

Best idea, play on a server that supports your preferred way to play WoW, for instance if you don’t like short brutal lives due to unregulated, unfair and open world PvP then you should not play on a PvP server.

1 Like

Prior to phase 2 I had no issues. Yes I died a bunch, but I was able to do quests and get to dungeons without issues.

The game is unplayable now. I think this warning is appropriate. I was not properly warned it would be unplayable, and I think Blizzard should do the right thing and warn people so they don’t end up in the same situation as me.

1 Like

I can’t argue with that. I had my experience with PvP servers, thank you.

However, for players who DO want to play on PvP servers, restricting rolls by faction would definitely resolve the imbalance problem.

How is it unplayable ? if you couldn’t play then you can’t be killed by other players. How did you not know that you would be killed by other players on a PvP (stands for Player vs. Player btw) server ?

Try using WD and LD channels to summon assistance. My experience is the opposing faction can’t be everywhere at once. Minority faction can concentrate to clear an area for questing, or whatever. I am more than willing to bet there are numerous players standing around in cities…

Fine, I did not expect to spend 99% of my play time running to my corpse or waiting for my res timer to expire. If you call that playing, then great. I didn’t sign up for that. Nobody signed up for that, quit pretending like it’s justified because I said I wanted to fight in the world. I’m okay with dying. I’m okay with losing to Horde. I’m okay with all of that. I’m not okay with being camped everywhere I go at all hours of the day.

1 Like

Agreed. Have you tried to summon help through WD/LD channels? IME players of your faction will rush to an area to help clear a gank squad.

Try it sometime. You don’t have to feel alone on a PvP server.

We can compromise, surely. How about “If you play on this realm, it will mean members of the opposing faction can attack you at will in most of the world. This will not be limited to equal numbers or any pretense of fairness. You may be outnumbered ten to one or more. There is no guarantee that you will be able to do anything in the game other than be slaughtered by the opposing faction at any given time that you are outside your faction’s starting areas. If that is unappealing to you, you should play on a Normal or RP realm, clinically proven not to cause any e-peen shrinkage.”

Not that Blizzard’s going to do this, of course. Nor–not to put too fine a point on it–do I think it would make any difference, either to the “muh e-peen!” crowd on PvP realms, or to the complaints on the forum.

1 Like

Ok last time I made a character on a PvP server (was in Classic on retail) there was a warning that popped up saying pretty much that and linking to the PvP server rules, does that not happen anymore ?

Roll on or transfer to Incendius instead of Stalagg and you won’t have this issue. Some servers might be a lost cause for Alliance PvPers, but there are a few out there that offer some reprieve from the gankfest.

Weird…I play on a PvP server and nobody seems to have a problem playing. Maybe it’s you?

That would be a lie, so no.

The game isn’t unplayable just because you roll the less populated faction.

Now, if they said “this server is X Faction heavy, proceed with caution” they could get the same message across without flat out lying.

Pvp problems require pvp solutions. I’m on a PvP server and I play just fine…

You can just roll on a PvE server.

Better idea. Make a message that says “If you’re gonna play here, Git Gud.”

Sorry but I don’t listen to the opinions of demon hunters

1 Like