Can we have worgen monks now?

The only race that should be unable to be monks is Naga. On account of not having legs for all the kicking moves.

Everyone else should be able to be monks.

1 Like

I got to thinking the same thing last night. Gilneas didn’t have cenarion-style druids, but they had harvest witches. A harvest witch trained you, and once released from Gilneas, worgen harvest witches were able to become druids.

Similarly, Gilneas did not have pandaren-style monks, but they could have had brawlers. The brawler character could have trained you, and once released from Gilneas, these worgen brawlers could have gone on to learn magic yoga from pandaren.

I would like to believe that it was possible, and they made a conscious decision that worgen cannot be monks. We do not need a worgen airbender to fulfill the werewolf fantasy; we need an unarmed rogue.

I think Dave Kosak himself said that Worgen can’t be Monks because Pandaren never arrived to Gilneas. I remember seeing that somewhere.

It doesn’t really mean much as they could still add Worgen Monks if they feel like doing it. They could probably add new race/class combinations that are restricted to specific starting zones.

it may be a possibility, the biggest reason both races never got a chance to be monks its because of their own starting zone, and how putting a panda there for the monk class would make no sense at all

Yeah but since starting zones are basically optional now, there is no justification for not letting goblins and worgen be monks.
They’ve reversed decisions many times, like with the recent blue eyes thing.

they have working monk animations

Everyone should be able to be monks. Worgen, goblins, and LFD.

Yes, please. The only alliance races I’ll play are dwarves and worgen and dwarves look hilarious (in a bad way) as monks.

Worgen monk would be cool though. Could maybe even use those claws a bit (or at least pretend that you are!)

Monks can get a weapon mog called Handwraps of Serenity that remove the weapon all together. So a worgen monk could indeed attack with claws!

2 Likes

Worgen slobber too much and have a tendency to bite fellow students.

No duh. They have had them since 2014

Just wanting to live out the Beastman martial artist fantasy, don’t even care about the whole feral werewolf thing now.

1 Like

Seriously they should just unlock monks for the 3 races that can’t be them with the new starter area the reason they didn’t give worgen and goblin monks is gone. As for lightforged it never made sense that they couldn’t be monks I feel like blizzard just denied them to say see it’s not just the cata races that can’t be monks.

1 Like