Can we have "Slowpoke" Servers, where content isn't RUSHED?

Blizzard,

We all know you’re rushing Classic because you want us to finish this game ASAP and buy Shadowlands.

Not gonna happen.

Classic players don’t wanna play Retail!

But you’re deliberately cutting our adventure short so you can sell some overpriced World-quest simulator of an “Expansion”.

No thanks.

Please release F R E S H servers, but this time:

1. No Layering.
  2. Each Phase lasts 4 months. PERIOD. (No rushing content)
  3. No Server transfers. (This exacerbated faction imbalance)
  4. No pandering to Streamers/ E-sports crowd. (They ruin the game).

That’s it.

Just let us play the damn game already, we’ve been waiting for ever and now that it’s out you can’t help yourself but to stick your fingers into our game and start screwing around.

16 Likes

Would be an interesting idea.

I personally love the world PvP and would be happy for aserver with a longer phase of it. BGs will get old fast.

2 Likes

Yeah but you know someone would ruin it for everyone regardless. What would they have to do? Put in a exp reduction at a certain level for a certain amount of time? Are we looking at days? weeks? maybe months?

What does having BGs and PvP released really change for you? Having PvP available doesn’t remove any content.

Besides, no they won’t make servers just for the narrow crowd that you deem “worthy” of Classic, sorry. It makes not sense from a business perspective and that’s all that matters.

BGs don’t remove WPvP, it just dials it back from being the primary source of Honor, which honestly might make it more fun. Small scale skirmishes are a lot more entertaining than 40 man gank squads just roaming around.

The honor system is competitive. Time I spend skirmishing means I am falling behind people who spam BGs.

A full server without BGs is preferable because I could do what I enjoy and be competitive that way.

1 Like

You can choose the content you wish to do.

1 Like

No Need for XP reductions. People who rush through content will naturally stay away if phases are slow.

You say that but…the reality is that isn’t true.

WPvP isn’t competitive in the slightest lol. The whole point of it is to play as cheaply as possible, outnumber people, camp spots where people might be AFK (flight paths and such) etc. There’s nothing competitive about it.

1 Like

You’ve clearly never seen big raid groups go at each other in WPVP.
(And I feel sorry for you. Those are fun.)

I’ve been in these, Kargath back and forths is one of the only way to farm honor on my realm as we severely outnumber Horde so 40+ vs 40+ there happen often. Besides, i played plenty of WvW in Guild Wars 2, which is basically WPVP done better, but usually still only devolves into blob v blob.

Neither are fun or skillful.

I don’t feel rushed. I’m in no hurry no matter what “content” is released when. But that is just me, my own opinion and how I do it.

This would be a dream. I’m focusing on this rogue and trying to level the poor guy, who was supposed to be my main but is still just 26, but I was sidetracked leveling multiple characters (slowly) at once.

Came to the realization that I’d end up missing the opening of AQ for the second time for the same reason: not bothering to get to endgame during vanilla/Classic. Foregoing playing a couple other characters with full rest bonuses because I feel I need to level my rogue to not miss out on things.

Well yeah, getting a 60 ASAP should be a priority if you want to see the content as it comes out, that’s not a surprise.

You feel you’re leveling slow… (it’s not really a race).
and want the game to change to cater to you.

Nah… you’re just not that special.

you do know he was referring to the honor grind, right?

2 Likes

you don’t have to miss the AQ opening because you’re a lowbie

Your only excuse is if you play on a minority faction on a PVP server. It’s really not that hard to get to 60.

What you describe is wPvP on gank servers.
On Normal servers wPvP is competitive.

1 Like

You are incorrect.
Once they started taking layers away from the first servers (I was on Myz),
it became next to impossible to level.
Nothing was available to kill or quest for. I pushed hard for thinking I could make up the time and get to 60. That wasn’t the case, and it became damn near impossible once they announced phase 2 release.
And if you aren’t 60 by phase 2, you will have missed on a ton of honor for not being part of it (not to mention the experience). That is a huge affect on ranking going forward in classic, it only happens once.