Can We Have a Blue Post About Queues?

There are too many servers experiencing queues at the moment, not all of them, but offering transfers to Sulfuras or Old Blanchey is too risky for players who don’t want to spend money down the road to transfer toons back to Grobb/Bene/Faer due to the servers inevitably dying. To the arguments being made that transfers are a good option, they may be, from what I can see there is a constant cycle of servers dying after toons from multiple servers hard transfer over to them. Sulfuras is healthy at the moment but will probably die after 2 months into Wrath, just like the other transfer offers in TBC and Vanilla. Please give us a blue post about anything regarding this issue, tell us there is no other option so I can know for sure one way or the other what your stance is.

3 Likes

We have a blue post about the issue.

It tells us transfers to those realms are shut down till it gets better and there are free transfers of.

You might not like the answer or the post but non the less that is a blue post about the issue posted after the issue started.

Your not likly to see much more info on it blizzard is not known for filling people in on much and multi blue posts on a single issue is rare.

1 Like

I understand, that was an initial post on the 31st of august. It is a week later, and the big three servers now have a consistent 13-14k queue wait time. It was 7k max on the 31st. 6-9 hour wait times are far different from the usual 1-3 hour max wait times we are used to in prepatch/launch after layering and cross realm was introduced. It would be helpful if they came back after a week of this increase of the issue that server transfers aren’t solving, and at least tell us they do not see any viable option at this time so I stop wondering. The issue has gotten worse, which is why people are posting more about it since the initial blue post.

Duh transfer off to a dead realm, so they can collect your money when you have to transfer off that dead realm

1 Like

They gave everyone an option to transfer. People need to stop flooding the forums with post about queues and just either take the transfer or sit in the queue.

/addrdf

Which your not likly to see. Blizzard rarly if ever gives a blue post since you ask for it and asking for one is in fact not allowed by the fourm rules see the sticky’s the one with wrath in the name forget the exact name.

While as we have one blue post not likly to see another.

If blizzard wants to post a post they will regardless of you making a thread about it or not.

This one

Unfortunately, transfers do not seem to be helping. Presenting that option repetitively will not get a different result.

Community problem and not blizzards then. There is a solution you can take it.

/addrdf

We need more blue posts

5 hour queues are no joke Blizzard stop using your band aids they don’t work

Your yacht buying conniving plans to do paid xfers last year has landed us in hot water

It is in fact getting a different result. We have been seeing highly increased activity on those realms so people are taking the xfer. In fact I know quite a number that have.

It is not fixing the issue but it is most def helping.

All I am trying to do is get Blizzard to read the forums and offer a helpful comment to inform their player base about an issue. There is nothing malicious, or offhanded about me politely asking for a post regarding a really bad issue with the current state of the pre-patch. If they do not want to comment, that is their prerogative.

Nothing needs to be malis or unhanded to be a break in the rules.

Your post is doing nothing to increase the odds of getting a blue post as if they want to give one they need to go by all the pr first so a threat won’t rush one out.

While it is directly breaking the rules. Breaking the rules never really helps a goal. You would be better of to ask for info without directly asking for a blue.

Again, this has happened before when it comes to servers getting a high or full population rating after a free transfer option being given, and they usually (80% of the time) die, due to players transferring back to one of the megaservers.

And?

You said the transfers where not helping. They are, nothing you said above invalidates my correction to your incorrect statment.

The server dieing later dose not change the fact the transfers are helping.

It is unfortunately not helping a problem if the server dies again and the megaserver that was meant to be alleviated is still inflated with a queue. Reactions to transfers may happen, but it doesn’t correlate with a positive reaction. Also, I might not have seen it, but there was nothing I could see in the terms and conditions that states I cannot ask for a blue post. I may be wrong, but I read all of the do’s and don’ts.

It in by vary definition helping the problem. The problem is the ques not the servers dieing later that is a different issue all together.

Your claim was it was not helping the issue it is most definitely helping the issue there is no room for debate on that even getting a single person of the mega realms helps and the free xfers have gotten much more than that.

I linked the vary page that tells you it it’s even posted in bold on that page about asking for a blue.

To quote

Using the words “Blizzard,” “Blue,” or any community team members’ names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

I’m sick and tired of having to transfer servers.
I was originally on Incendius, free transferred off when the queue times were insane.
I was then on Netherwind, free transferred off when the server became a ghost town.
Now on Grobbulus, where there queue times are insane again.

It’s a ridiculous cycle and the players are the ones stuck. My option is to now free transfer, yet again, to a probably dead server. This just isn’t the right way to treat the player base. From experience, the free transfers are not really a good solution.

I mean, what else would you like them to do? On the first day of pre-patch there were no ques and it was literally unplayable on Grobbulus. People couldn’t even loot items for their quests and a lot of people were stuck in the deathknight area.

Would you like them to just let more people in and bog down the server again? What is your proposed solution if you do not wish to server transfer?

Right, that is in the blue post, not in the article that relates to suspensions and warnings. It is stated that the worst this thread might bring is a deletion to the thread. It is a suggestion “frowned upon”, not a rule written in the terms section of the discussion forum. Transfers are not helping though, the queues are still long is the problem.

2 Blizzbucks have been deposited into your account