Can we go a day without maintenance?

This expansion has been a maintenance nightmare. Whenever you talk about it people are like, “its always been like this.” No. No it hasn’t. It’s gotten so bad that you just flat out expect WoW to be down for several hours every day. I’m seriously considering canceling my subscription because of the constant downtime.

118 Likes

…and away we go! (grabs popcorn and sits back to watch the fun)

29 Likes

I concur with the sentiment that the recurrent server maintenance has become a tedious affair. Nonetheless, I would prefer to have a game that is unencumbered by bugs and glitches. Despite the numerous maintenance activities, the game continues to be plagued by issues, which is why it is imperative that Blizzard invests in their workforce to ensure they are executing their duties effectively and efficiently.

22 Likes

This is hysterical

15 Likes

It’s not constant or every day, and it should be expected by now when they add anything new to the game. This is the nature of MMOs. I know it’s frustrating but you are exaggerating a little bit.

11 Likes

It’s been several hours every few tuesdays and today.

Stop exaggerating.

Yesterday was maintenance, today is the release of trading post.

24 Likes

ITS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much downtime IMO

12 Likes

had to come an hour early on the day that i try to get as much of the weekly in-game chores done

2 Likes

We had maintenance yesterday. They could have just released the Trading Post yesterday.

27 Likes

You guys would have hated Ultima Online, it used to go down EVERY single day at 11 AM for at least an hour, and then crash about 2 hours later and reset everything. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You should cancel already, and go find another game since you hate this one so much.

5 Likes

Nice whataboutism. UO is 2 decades old, before SaaS was even a thing.

2 Likes

I rarely complain about Maintenace time, but… THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

I mean, how many hours per week has the game been unavailable since DF launch?

We are paying customers and they are a business, and they have been doing a really bad job at creating a quality product and a good (and consistent) gaming experience.

UNACCEPTABLE!

22 Likes

This game needs so much maintenance, even the maintenance needs maintenance.

I hereby dedicate todays maintenance to the many maintenance workers out there… doing maintenance.

13 Likes

I like the downtime. They should have a 4 hour maintenance every day so they can tune and re-tune everything to keep the game fresh and unpredictable. FOTM classes should be FOTD!

3 Likes

Ultima Online? I was on my Atari 1200 with a cassette drive bro?

6 Likes

No downtime on the cassette drive!

2 Likes

Suggestion box - Rather than posting the time for maintenance, post the times that the game will be actually playable? Spitballing here for your opining. ROFL

6 Likes

Do we pay sub for downtime really yesterday already maintenance Last week server down like 2-3 days too :rage:

3 Likes

GW2 lets you back into the game as soon as you update your client. They figured out server and data redundancy. They don’t even charge for a sub.

12 Likes