Can we get some clarification for the mount equipment?

Is the equipment shared across the account? So If I equip water walking on one mount and my alt summons it then it still has water walking? Or will I have to equip one on my alts mount as well?

As described during the stream yesterday.

So you would need to equip an appropriate item on each character.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

So that means if on one character, I want water walking in one zone, but the anti-dazing benefit in another zone when going there, I have to switch the equipment on that character from the water walking equipment to the anti-daze equipment?

And then if I go back to the zone where water walking is beneficial, I have to then switch it back using another piece of water walking equipment? That would mean having to have piles of the equipment in that character’s bags so that I can use the one that is best suited for the zone I’m in, right?

That sort of equipment switching doesn’t seem like much of an improvement to me, only another gold sink, inconvenience, and another type of stuff to have to carry around in my bags or store in my bank.

Or if I don’t want to keep purchasing equipment over and over to switch it out, I have to chose one and never change it. On the other hand, I can currently use my water strider in the one zone where it helps most and the stirrups in the other zone (albeit on a CD).

I’m not sure that this system has been really fleshed out in terms of implementation. It seems to me - and full disclosure, I’m a big dumb cow - that I’d rather have my water striders retain their water walking so I can use them whenever I want and then have the equipment to use on others mounts, if I want to do that on those mounts without that sort of special functional ability.

That way I don’t have to switch equipment back and forth just to be able to continue to do what I can already do while also making use of the new mount equipment system.

/moo :cow:

2 Likes

You are correct in how it’s currently understood to work. I’ve been saying I think it’s a good start to the system. There are definitely some concerns regarding what comes next though.

I’m confused myself about it and it seems like if you get a new favorite mount then you’re looking at adding equipment to it or having designated mounts for abilities. I think someone was trying to explain to me yesterday why that wasn’t the case, but I probably won’t understand until I see it for myself really. Honestly… I get that it adds to mounts, but it really seems like a headache at the end of it.

I expect many many complaints and frustration for a very long time, but maybe it will be perfect and everyone will be happy. I dunno.

People really can find a way to complain about everything.