Can we get Female satyr? Broken? etc and male Shivarra/Harpies etc

Well what about it? Blizzard opened a Door so I want to have my opinion heard. Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Many, and well medicated, but none of them involve a lack a lack of cognitive function extreme enough to contemplate creating a female “essential male spirit” creature.

that explains it

yer meds effecting you?
probably should get off the internet if thats happening

So much so they had a god of drinking and partying! (Dionysus of course)

Yes. They keep my cancer at bay, my pancreas working, my psoriatic arthritis from crippling me, and my eyes working.

And that is the only thing to take away from it.

That could be interpreted as Transphobic you know.

if you were just trying to give a friendly response, then when it became clear this is about world of warcraft and not greek mythology, most people would go “oh. i don’t think i would like that because to me, satyrs are [bla bla],” and that would be that.

you’re trying to derail this thread to be about greek mythology instead of world of warcraft. but it’s not about greek mythology. so stop bringing it up as if it matters here.

3 Likes

Greek mythology has a LOT of fun creatures that could easily be used to celebrate LGBTQ+.

But coopting an essentially male creature and making him/her/it/they female is just wrong.

What I take away from it is another example of people who prefer to be right over being civil.

Yes, Blizzard please add female satrys.

And female ogres.

And female models to any other races who have females but you didn’t bother to make female models for in-game because your company decided to go with the very sexist ‘male is the default’ so female models are unnecessary.

3 Likes

The only people being toxic are the ones with the Ad hominems etc. Please dont put words in others mouth.

“Can I get a glass of water?”

“Sir, this is an auto repair shop.”

Sometimes the answer to a question is, “no” and the answer to the OP’s question is a resounding “no” for fact-based reasons other than “well, some uninformed yutz at Blizzard made lore that doesn’t actually appear in the game so, yes.”

Satyrs are not all male in the Warcraft universe. Blizzard has always taken inspiration from myths and morphed them into their own. Norse mythology says high.

Satyr in Warcraft can be both male/female. Satyr in Warcraft are both called Satyr.

– End All –

There’s no debate. These statements above are fact. It would be like you trying to say female Broken don’t exist when, in game they do not, but in lore they do.

4 Likes

Holy plot twist

1 Like

Hey I just want some equality. If they are gonna add a “Male succubus model” aka Incubus. Then adding female models of established races shouldnt be a far stretch.

1 Like

Really, you don’t think screeching the same appeal to authority “reasoning” isn’t at least a little toxic?

I’ve offered facts. Actual facts from linguistic archology, greek mythology, and history.

All the other side has is “b-b-b-b-but someone at Blizzard made out-of-game lore that says yes, so yes.”

you’re the one asking for a glass of water at an auto repair shop, man.

this is a world of warcraft forum. this thread is very obviously about world of warcraft. you’re arguing things that aren’t relevant to world of warcraft.

5 Likes

There are many people being toxic about how wrong is to think that there is no reason to have “female satyrs” when they could aknowledge there are actually reasonable arguments put forth.
It is not because one side doesnt respect them that they are not respectful.
Many people are being civil about their reasons not to accept it, and they are being met with very rude personal attacks. So not, Iam not putting words in anyone’s posts.Ijust dont excuse people’s faults based on I agreeing with them or not.

And as I said at least a dozen times, just because someone at Blizzard made an out-of-game lore decision (a pretty awful one, uninformed, linguistically awkward, and just plain dumb) doesn’t justify this.

If Blizzard wants a hippo with fangs and tamable as a combat pet, they can have one - Riverbeast.

If Blizzard wants a dinosaur that violates the cube-squared law and looks sort of like a (formerly called) brontosaurus that’s tameable as a very expensive mount, they can have one - Brutosaur.

They’re perfectly capable of inventing near-enough names for when they’ve altered things to fit their lore.

All I’m saying is they shouldn’t use the name “Satyr” for a bi-gendered race. Satyr is an exclusively essential male spirit creature.

1 Like