Can we get an explanation of how pet pvp que works?

I just want to know why there are artificial throttles in this system. It is getting waaay past time blizz revisited and let there be an open pet pvp que.

Since when is a game with no rules any fun?

It would be nice to get some acknowledgment instead of just letting another part of the game die with no explanation or reasoning, like archeology. Or the mess that is mission tables where getting better actually means you get less.

I wonder how popular chess would be if the rule-set were an unposted tangle of rules that no one, not even blizz, knows how it works.

3 Likes

Are you asking in earnest, and not rhetorically?

Prepare to be disappointed. The developers never explain or justify their design choices.

I wonder why they are so unwilling to stand by their creations, but then who would want to take credit for many of the questionable if not just outright broken content?

Probably to avoid pointless arguments. The attitude seems to be that you use the product as it’s offered or you don’t use it at all. The few times they have appeared to listen to user feedback, it’s either been disregarded or taken very long to implement.

Sometimes customer input is just an impediment to their own unalterable plans.

Really this is SUCH an important question! How many players who love battle pet pvp are in pvp queues with only one other person? How many have to wait forever? No coder here, so I would really appreciate knowing how this can be fixed - And why it is still an issue.

1 Like

100% earnest :slightly_frowning_face:

I hear you. But I would not get my hopes up about an explanation. The devs aren’t that responsive to discussion about their design choices. Even if they hear and act on feedback, they probably won’t talk about it until they implement the change. And maybe not even that much; a one liner in the patch notes is as good as it usually gets.

1 Like

It’s not the coding, it’s more that there doesn’t seem to be idea how to fix Pet PvP the way it works now. Basic problem is that not many people are into it so no wonder takes forever to find a match. It just doesn’t attract new players; too many people give it a try, get stomped over and over, and decide to hell with it.

Some devs do seem to follow this forum. What might be helpful would be hearing suggestions from us about how we’d fix it.

1 Like

I think any of us posting in this thread went through the ‘getting stomped’ phase.

Even if you were given a perfect set of pvp teams you would still get stomped over and over as you learn how to play.

At this point there is NO excuse for not just opening up the pet pvp que to any all comers.

It’s just another ‘fun detected’ feature locked behind a predatory design system with fun having NOTHING to do with the desicions they make.

1 Like

If I understand your point, you’re thinking that you are having to wait for an opponent with same level of pet PvP expertise as yours ?

I know a year or so back Blizzard hinted that they had tried to come up with some sort of method for matching players by skill level. Personally I never saw any difference, some days would get a battle almost immediately, other times would wait and wait and finally give it up. Also was hard to imagine how matching could possibly work; if someone with, say, 11 to 30 wins had to wait for an opponent with 11 to 30 wins of course queues would seem endless.

Admit I gave up on pet PvP after finally getting my Stunted Direhorn. Only reason I lasted through 250 wins was putting together the same meta teams that were big that week and hoping I’d get noobs to battle. It just wasn’t much fun.

2 Likes

I did the 5k achi a few year ago when graves was a thing. Cant talk about it these days because I dont bother for a stone weekly every 2 months. But I can say that when I did it q times were 2 mins tops and rarely same team v same team. There were probably more meta teams back then, but I would say the Q simply suffers from no rewards.

Still no acknowledgment from Blizzard? How is it that concerns about the “battle pet pvp queue” issues are never responded to? Or have I been missing something?

You are correct. We’ve been abandoned along with much of the mini-games.

The dev who talks the most about this stuff is a rare person to hear from.

2 Likes

No rewards for pet battles other than collecting pets. Pee V pee maxes out at 5k. If that does not say enough then I’m not sure what I can add. This mini game dies every time a player hits 5k wins. There is literally nothing for anyone that did pvp to gain from continuing to do so.

1 Like

I miss it.
I loved doing pvp pet battles. There is never anyone to fight anymore, the queue times are too long to balance the length of the fight. I kinda sorta hoped that the new ZM pets would create some super-teams but I have not seen that; so the standard fighters remain the winners; over and over and over again – it is dull and repetitive.

1 Like

BOOOOOOOOO :sob: After spending 4 days in my gueue without a single battle, I have to agree. It certainly seems that Blizzard is ignoring years of battle pets pvp players’ increasingly urgent request for fixing elements that lend to player frustration & related, given the situation, player attrition.

Who is are the developers responsible for the battle pets mini-game? Anyone know?

1 Like

This issue, SO relevant to those of us who love battle pets pvp! Here is an insightful discussion from the European forums . . .

1 Like

This guy was an intern when he worked on wod garrisons, now we know why the npcs all path on top of each other in profession buildings.

1 Like