Can we get account wide ignore?

hello, good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening, Goodnight (12.30am here :rofl: )

Just here for my ongoing support on account wide ignore and to also remind everyone here

7 Likes

Again Ard, how is account wide ignore causing a divide when we have literally every forum on the internet that has this feature enabled by default? also your completely missing my point here.

My grudges don’t run that deep, I rarely ignore people here on this site, only times I would ignore people is if they are toxic and or trolling, thats it and please Ard don’t equate someone being a troll and being toxic to having an opinion.

Also making the CoC and moderation a bit more strict is not going to fix anything, you will still have people breaking it.

3 Likes

As an experience there isn’t any one way to enjoy or play WoW, giving the posters the ability to effectively and easily lock out other voices of dissent towards what they perceive as the only way to enjoy the game will cause that divide to be more acute.

You’ll start seeing conflict crop up around the time Delves are tested.

You don’t have to do anything but learn to not respond to these trolls.

Yes please.
And ty for starting this important topic. :hugs:

3 Likes

Most of these trolls are already in our ignore boxes but they keep making alts to reengage with people .

We want a one and done ignore. We want to ignore the person completely to the point they are literally out of our site. We don’t want to have to ignore all 160 possible alts a person can make individually .

We allso want flags tied to accounts so every toon on account shares the same flags over the entire account. We want account wide likes so that people can’t hop on alts to mass up vote their own posts .

We want everything on the account level like every other Blizzard forum has and like most other forums out there do .

6 Likes

Once again you refuse to answer a question you can’t and change the topic to something completely different.

2 Likes

I explained how an account wide ignore causes divide…and you get upset with the explanation.

Nope, you have done no such thing since you don’t seem to understand how ignore works since you keep acting like it silences someone and not that it limits what one person sees while letting the ignored person go on talking.

Unlike your continued desire to lock out discussion by making more and more things bannable and actually locking people out of the discussion.

2 Likes

All the other Blizzard forums have account wide ignore, WoW foums should be no exception.

The bypass ignore capabilities need to go.

5 Likes

Silences don’t always have to be direct.

They can also be indirect.

and an ignore isn’t a silence at all.

It’s a personal curation for one individual to decide what they do and do not want to read here. It effects no one else, and it’s pretty egotistic to get so up in arms over the idea that someone isn’t forced to read your words.

3 Likes

I’d disagree.

Then they will simply stop reading it or ignore it through their own willpower.

Now you’re taking this personally.

I see no benefit in replying to you further.

You’re wrong, but whatever.

Word salad.

Nope, just calling you out.

3 Likes

Yet, I still fail to see your point, every other forum on the internet has this same type of ignore that this thread has been asking for a couple of months now and I have yet to see division in the other forums just for having a different opinion.

1 Like

A silence means you are prohibited from speaking . Only Blizz can do that .
An ignore means that a person chooses not to listen to you .

I honestly am not sure if it is a case of either ignorance or arrogance you suffer from .

What I mean is are you so ignorant that you can’t comprehend that you don’t have the right to be heard by everyone or that you are so arrogant that you believe in your little mind that everyone regardless of whether or not they want to hear what you have to say should have no choice in the matter and be forced to read your mindless drivel.

9 Likes

At this point it seems you’re more interested in writing my story for me than to allow me to have my own opinion, regardless of it being right or wrong.

It says enough as to why I stand against these changes.

No one is obligated to listen to you. You may speak freely, but I may choose to ignore you.

You have a right to talk, but you don’t have a right to talk to me. Nor vice versa.

6 Likes

I know you are being obtuse on purpose as you have been told this MANY MANY times.

Being ignored does not impede you ability to make a post.

7 Likes

Agreed, but I am starting to see where Ard is coming from: if ones like him are nore or less ignored by everyone, are they not effectively silenced? they can still post and such, but they are more or less talking to a void.

I will just top that off with anyone who finds themselves in that position should do a little self reflection and find out why that may be.

3 Likes