Can we get a less purply shadow form?

Noob here, but I’ve seen people play shadow in previous expansions and it looks so much better with the old shadow form. I don’t like this inky purple shadow form, they should give us an option like in transmog or something. Oh well.

15 Likes

Yeah every time I summon my mindbender, he uses the old Shadow form just to mock me…

Pretty sure he enjoys lording his superior shadowform over me :frowning:

14 Likes

lol! that’s hilarious. He definitely does. Maybe one day Blizzard will bless us with cool shadowform :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Isn’t their a glyph? To get the less intense shadow form.

1 Like

Sadly you have to give up shadow form on your mount to glyph it.

1 Like

Yep we aint void priests we are shadow.

Nuff of this purple cloud crap

3 Likes

It doesn’t make it the og shadow form. Just less of a purple poof.

6 Likes

Wanting to bump and support this thread.

I don’t like the purple cloud, but understand that some people do!

Please Blizzard, give priest the ability to customize shadow form at the barber (like druid forms). Your update to shadow looks great mechanically, now we need some more aesthetic options :smiley:

Personally, I would be happy if the only other choice was old shadowform (if that makes it easier for the devs). But I will take any option over the purple cloud form :purple_heart:

11 Likes

In addition to the color of shadow, I’d love to see and option of getting back our wings, so we can get a choice of whether we want tentacles or wings for void form.

8 Likes

There was a hot minute in cataclysm on the 4.2 ptr where shadowform was divided into two buffs, one buff was the damage bonus, the other was the graphical effect. You could right click off the graphical effect whenever, and keep the buff. This was also when they added the glyph that made shadowform less opaque.

3 Likes

Yeah the old shadow form is amazing. Can’t believe there is no glyph.

4 Likes

Just wanna say, personally I like the current Smokey shadow form, but am all for having a glyph for the old version :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Twice my character has glitched and I’ll have the old glyphed (The one better for viewing transmogs) shadow form back. It happened the other day while I was in LFR. Out of combat, cast resurrection while in shadow form. After the spell was cast - voila! Old shadow form back. I was very happy.

This was the second time I was able to glitch it back to the old ways. The first time it happened I wasn’t paying attention so I didn’t know how to recreate it.

The glitches make me really hopeful they’ll add glyphs to bring back the old look and feel of shadow. It’s still there, just voidform is overriding it. Hopefully they can untangle the code and add a glyph. fingers crossed

1 Like