Can we buff fire mages more?

3% buff coming into 9.0.5 isn’t enough to make them viable. They need more help. I hope we see more changes in 9.1!

9 Likes

This is your 3rd post about this. Where did the bad evil Fire Mage touch you?

10 Likes

And this is your reply, your point?

1 Like

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/mage/fire/legendaries/castingpatchwerk
Only 1.3% simmed increase. So likely a less than 1% in practical application.

Actually this could be non-ptr so it might be 3%, I still doubt it will realistically perform better however.

2 Likes

Sure, have some buffs:

• Frost mage snares last until the target gets a nice warm drink, preferably at a campfire, and changes out of their wet clothes.
  • When Meteor hits, it will roll after people like a giant fiery Indiana Jones trap. The mage can change its direction in mid-roll. +5000% damage to dinosaurs.
  • Arcane mages can summon Khadgar’s head in an orb, which will randomly shield them, duplicate their spells, make bad jokes - you know, whatever Khadgar wants.
7 Likes

Seconded. Please buff me so I can make stuff more explodey

buff everyone just a little bit more imo :slight_smile:

starting with druid mastery, then fire mages after :love_letter:

What is your point in making 3 posts about the same topic? It’s just spam.

4 Likes

What’s the point of feedback given to blizzard? Same thing.

4 Likes

Buff me more, I need to be bigger than an Ogre!

Honestly they should just buff fire mages so much that whenever you see that one fire mage that isn’t top dps, you question, why?

Patchnotes 9.0.6:
Fire mages: Introducing new spell, Combust the Spirits. 50 mana, channels 16 spells over 4 seconds including at least 4 greater pyroblasts.

That should help. It is balanced because if one of the spells is polymorph, the enemy will heal.

3 Likes

You know…I’m thinking balanced druids are up next for a buff…

https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Arcane_Sanctum_blood_elf_fire_mage_header.jpg

More Power Needed

2 Likes

9.0 was merely a setback!

Make it instant cast, the fire mages might get sad if they’re kicked.

1 Like

Patchnotes 9.0.7:

Fire and frost mages (not arcane): Mass Polymorph. 300 mana. 15yrd radius. 40yrd range. Cast polymorph on all enemies in area.

This should help with Combust the Spirits getting interrupted.

Make it so that poly doesn’t break on damage

I lost it with the dps on Dinosaurs. That would be awful for all the hunters out there.

Ah yes, the “I’m giving feedback!” defense. Sure, I’m with you 100% on that. There’s nothing wrong with feedback.

However, the problem arises when you have to keep spamming the same topic over and over and over again. First topic should be more than sufficient. Multiple topics however do start to enter the realm of spam and being annoying.

I promise you, someone saw it the first time, and they saw the other topics on the matter from people that aren’t you. You don’t need to post the same damn thing over and over again across multiple topics. If you absolutely feel a need to bring it up again, then I’d say posting again in your original topic should be enough.

There is never a good reason to flood the forums with the same topic multiple times.

2 Likes