Can We Bring Back Wearing Gladiator Medallion Trinkets

In SL we need PvP gear to be the mainstay of PvP and going back to actually having PvP set bonuses and actually wearing a PvP trinket that removes movement impairing effects.

Going from wearing the PvP trinket to then moving it over to PvP talents was fundamentally one of the worst things that helped PvP spiral out of control in BFA. On paper it looked good for a PvP talent and Trinket choices but in reality in a PvE world it created more problems than choices.

The issue now is EVERYONE can run double Dps trinkets, or Dps and Tanking trinkets and with PvE gear being mandatory this is a massive problem. The Trinket slot has always been important in PvP because you needed the PvP trinkets CC break then a good Dps/Healing option.

Half of these PvE trinket combo garbage would be written off if one of our BiS trinket choices was clearly a PvP CC break trinket. This can be further reinforced if we go back to set bonuses or trinket bonuses for PvP. Where then playing a PvE trinket actually is a RISK!! Instead of ALL reward.

I hope in SL they get it right but likely they won’t if they don’t make PvP gear required for PvP and running PvE gear as a risk option for some comps/builds. It all starts with Trinkets as these are always one of the most powerful slots in PvP. Then from there having great 2 set and 4 set PvP bonuses.

3 Likes

emfh says hi. i think the problems are bigger than one trinket slot. legion called and it wants its crying back.

So, it’s ok when it’s only Humans?

It starts with 1 trinket slot though. That is a fact. We can’t operate in PvP when there is always going to be out of control PvE trinket combos as BiS without a doubt.

Not sure what this means but Legion was a terrible PvP expansion.

emfh has been an issue for bad players since… 2011? i thought it hit its crescendo at the beginning of legion.

That racial was already balanced if you want more then we can look at that. However we still have to look at making PvP trinkets BiS in PvP. Going back to trinket bonuses and wearing the CC break is the best option. When you can just wear the best PvE trinket combos with no RISK that is a problem.

Just like to say it looks like we got it done boys. This is a huge step in the right direction. We now have PvP trinkets which obviously will help PvP with everything I mentioned in the OP.

1 Like

we’ve had pvp trinkets all expac, medallion and badge have been my favs all expac, shame the devs removed medallion from the loot table and gave us the inkblot instead this patch.

I don’t know what the point of post was, it was hard to read. But if you want the “trinket effect” removed from pvp talents, this has already been done in SL. You now need a trinket to remove CC

Good start!
Now for PVP Glove and set bonus.
Gloves should be easy enough.

No we have PvP trinkets as PvP talents! but in SL thankfully we will be wearing them again and are removed from talents. This fixes several problems.

The point of the post was PvP spun out of control and removing wearing CC break trinkets was one of those things. We should be wearing the CC break PvP trinkets. That is good design and PvP was the best when that was the case.

Yes definitely should be a few PvP set bonuses but I feel they are giving the set bonuses in Legendary/Conduits instead. I don’t think there will be PvE set bonuses?

Does this mean we get 4 PvP talents? Or is the entire slot for trinkets just gone and we get 3?

Curious because a lot of people seemed to like conflict and strife essence for giving you access to another talent, would be kind of cool to see that preserved in some way

no, in fact it creates several more, problems that were originally solved by going to the system we currently have. you are just trolling so i am gonna get on a soapbox for a bit:

after speaking with a friend today who also plays wow, i think the reality is a lot of people are sick and tired of the power grind, we dont want wow to be a korean mmo anymore, that game fad is stale.

i want to be able to take a break from the game, or swap toons, and then come back and pick up my toon and pvp like nothing happened.

if i park my miata in the garage after a good track day, in 6 months it is not suddenly only 1/2 as fast as the rest of the miatas. why do we put up with this from games?

its killing wow too, this whole expac i’ve been losing friends, people quitting after coming back and then seeing they can’t just pick up and play but have to spend hours grinding just to be even.

diablo isn’t like this, i still have a demon hunter from like 6 years ago, i can install the game, load up my account and pick up that toon and go play.

my armored core saves from 1997 are still just as lethal in 2020, yet a wow toon from last season is a banana.

this means you can’t take a break, wow is a ride and if you get off, even once, you will never get back to where you were, this means that if you take a break, odds are your returning experience will be soured and you will quit either until the next expac or for good.

pvp should have a static ilvl that all players are scaled to, like timewalking, this will allow you to play with set building from a much larger pool of items, it will also prevent bad players from doing better than they should as equal ilvl means skill matters.

things like the trinket should be baseline, the current model has it right. you should be able to build a toon, then park it on a shelf, and any time you want, pick it up and play with it and it should still feel like it did when you parked it.

I dont care about this to be honest, theres more important things to worry about.