Can Void elves make more?

I mean…there is the usual way mammals replicate -wiggle eyebrows-

3 Likes

Yeah but a lot forum poster prefer pixel over flesh. so not many getting made.

I’d like to take the time to remind everyone that void elves are missing several voiced emotes the other races have.

Where’s my /threat blizzard? No void related taunt, come on!

3 Likes

Oh sort of like a Dark Souls esque thing where you gotta find the story by reading inbetween the lines instead of having it handed to you. I can respect that.

1 Like

Or they could use the clarification to create more content and lore for the Void Elves as such additions couldn’t be a bad thing, especially for such an underdeveloped race.

This would be miles better than ‘reading between the lines’ which could easily be interpreted as lazy design. I prefer to think of Void Elves as ‘hurried’ and that they will/should have more significant development in the near future.

The race’s main goal is mastery of the Void. Showcase methods of attempting to achieve this through quests and scenarios rather than leaving us obsure ‘breadcrumbs’ which may not even be that.

3 Likes

You are proudly sprouting assumptions as if they were facts. They aren’t. You can’t prove what you are saying and I can’t prove the opposite. There’s not a single fact to support either.

That’s not how world-building and continuous storytelling works. Only facts are facts. Anything that hasn’t been clearly stated or shown can be either confirmed or denied later. Any ambiguity can lead to a twist ahead.

Indeed. Leaving things that should be clear “between lines” is bad storytelling. Unless you are planning to explore it ahead.

2 Likes

Glad you’re not an author your books would be terribly boring

3 Likes

This is all very messy.

If two void elves have a kid, that kid is an untainted blood elf… But since they are now allied with the weaker faction, they are labeled as high elves (disrespecting their people’s past).

Now in order for the new born elf kid to become like their parents, they have to hold a lovecraftian style ceremony where they try to replicate what happened to them. Will it work, or will the kid be consumed by the void? Who knows. Sounds a bit culty really.

2 Likes

The real answer is neither yes or no, but we don’t know until Blizzard says something about it.

lmao at the one person who mentioned high Elves, give it up dude Ally is never getting fair skinned High Elve, play a Blood Elf

Well, you could technically argue that the Void elf character you play could be a High elf that embraced the Void… maybe?

And you are more likely to bash and insult others than to admit that your headcanon is not supported by facts.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are all girls.

1 Like

No I gave you tons of in game examples. You are one of those needy fans that need every detail spelled out for you, instead of looking at what’s clearly in front of you.

You are the type of fan I dread at book signings.

1 Like

Fact: there’s not a single void elf character stated or shown to have been transformed after Durzaam’s trap.

Blood and high elf students does not mean they’ll be transformed. You are assuming that.

Initiates do not mean they were transformed after. You are assuming that.

Prove me wrong. Find one, just one, unambiguous reference to void elves that weren’t part of Umbric’s group.

3 Likes

When a daddy void elf loves a mommy void elf…

1 Like

When a void elf bites a blood elf, the blood elf is doomed to turn into a void elf. This should be the way it works anyways. And it should have an in-game mechanic as well. So void elves go around biting blood elves. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They might not be able to use the same method. But they can train others. Like Alleria was trained. Why is she their ambassador if she isn’t going to help them?

2 Likes

There is pretty obviously a way to train recruits to become Void Elves - that’s pretty obvious without knowing the exact nature of the process. I don’t know, maybe they make them grind Argus rep to exalted for a couple of months - that would turn anyone into a void elf :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen anything in the War Campaign to suggest the numbers of the Void Elves are growing. If it’s their increased presence, I always thought that meant more Void Elves were completing their training and were ready to serve, as Alleria/Umbric/Locus-Walker can only train so many people at a time.

Right now we have no indication more Void Elves are being created. We see some Blood Elves and High Elves in the Telogrus Rift, studying the Void, but there is no indication that they’re undergoing the transformation that makes a Void Elf a Void Elf. Alleria is still a High Elf, for example, and that’s after centuries of training in how to wield the Void by a true master, as well as devouring the Heart of a Naaru.

Becoming a Void Elf seems to very specifically require the transformation that was interrupted. We’ve no indication that the Void Elves or even Locus-Walker knows what that ritual was, let alone that anyone would be willing to repeat it.

When you have a High Elf like Alleria who has literally devoured the heart of a Dark Naaru and is NOT a Void Elf as a result, it’s clear that you very specifically need that ritual and for that ritual to be disrupted at the exact right moment.

4 Likes

To me, seeing so many of them implies they are growing (and, in my mind, the original group were just a tiny amount of casters), but you are right in that it can also be interpreted that more of them are completing their training and we never knew how many elves were among Umbric’s group in the first place.