Can Void elves make more?

I’m wondering, can Void elves make more of their own using the same method they were converted on others?

Well, they were converted due to sheer luck of timely intervention. While the process of being possessed and converting into a void entity could probably be replicated fairly easily, knowing the exact moment to intervene would be very difficult. A few seconds too early and you have a Blood Elf. A few seconds too late and you have a Void Thingie.

6 Likes

No. The method that created the Void Elves was an accident. A ritual meant to turn them into someone else entirely was interrupted while they were in mid transition.

That’s not to say that some other process couldn’t be concocted to create more Void Elves but so far Blizzard hasn’t shared that, if it exists. Once we know what that process is, then of course we have to convince other elves to undergo the process… and accept all the baggage that comes with it.

6 Likes

True, I was reading up on Wowpedia in hopes have ascertaining the definitive class for them. It made comment that there were only Void Mages and Void Warlocks along side Umbric and that the presence of all the other classes as well as Blood elf and High elf NPCs might allude that they might be able to transform other elves.

strangely this comes to mind. where there a will there a way. I bet more could come if necessary. I just find it interesting there was so few. yet you see them every where. So my guess maybe it already perfected if look at next patch and how many there are.

I agree that no, there isn’t a known replication process at this time.

I will say though I really hope it’s not the same process for any future Void Elves, as that was fairly contrived. The fantasy alone should follow Alleria’s imo and was one of their biggest downfalls for me.

They could have it as a new scenario and/or questline to make it feel them feel less contrived and perhaps even give them an option to toggle a Void Form on at will, merely cosmetic. Have it involve new recruits harnessing the power of lesser void creatures akin to Alleria and her dark naaru.

3 Likes

Well, if a void elf boy and a void elf girl really really like each other they go somewhere private and give each other a special hug…

5 Likes

That would mean giving the Alliance High Elves. The whole point of the Void Elves was so that Ion could taunt the Alliance fans who wanted High Elves, so that would never happen.

1 Like

Well they’d best keep their tentacles to themselves…

Eh, I don’t even need the fair skin tones, even though they’ve acknowledged the idea recently. I just want them to be more polished and refined on their own, both aesthetically and lorewise.

2 Likes

I will admit, if I could run around with Entropic embrace on all the time I would.

1 Like

No one but Blizzard can answer right now, because there’s no canon source for that.

The in-game appearances of them imply they can make more. Umbric’s original group is very small and had only casters, but later we see void elves having a martial force of soldiers and rangers. The war campaign also implies their numbers are growing.

However, there’s no explanation as to how they do so. The original ones were transformed by a unfinished ethereal ritual using a void device that we don’t know the fate of. We have no idea if that ritual can be replicated.

We see blood and high elves studying the void in Telogrus, but they may be just doing it the old-fashioned way (like Alleria).

Also, just because Umbric’s group was small and we didn’t see rangers or warriors among them does not mean that there couldn’t be any among them, as the game world we see is just a fraction of what really exists in lore.

This is just one of the many lore problems the void elves have. They are really lacking in lore.

6 Likes

What I like to know what is the rate of Void Elf rejects, how many of them lose out and are controlled by the void. What happens to these individuals?

1 Like

Indeed, yet another story that needs to be told but wasn’t.

My headcanon is that the elf is tested and trained extensively before he is allowed to be turned, to minimize the chance of failure. But, you know, it was never explored in-game, in a short story or any other media.

2 Likes

Go to the Void Elf “starting area” there are high elf and blood elf recruits there.

So yes they can replicate it and are replicating it.

2 Likes

Nowhere shows them becoming void elves.
Alleria studied and mastered the void without becoming a void elf.

While the game implies that more void elves are being made, there’s no source stating or showing it happening.

3 Likes

So the game implying it isn’t enough? There’s even a second Island you can teleport to that has Instructor Duskwalker (A Void Elf) Teaching “Void Initiates”

if they can’t make more how did Duskwalker become an instructor and where did he get “Initiates”

4 Likes

well you see a mommy and daddy meet…then they can’t show that part lol.

No, it’s not enough. There’s not a single void elf that has been known to be transformed after Durzaam’s trap.

Until there are canonical answers, all bets are off. Every explanation right now is just headcanon, and each viewer can have its own interpretation. We can only speculate and every discussion is about assumptions, as there are no actual facts.

Void elf lore is a hazy mess right now, which is one of the reasons the race is so criticized. A race that has existed for 11 months still needs clarification on its most basic aspects.

And do you know what’s worse? Even simple questions aren’t being answered by Blizzard. I tried to ask Lore and Christie Golden on this, and none returned any answers. A blue could simply come here and say it, as it shouldn’t be spoilery or game-breaking, but no answer is coming.

Either Blizzard hasn’t decided yet or there’s some reason for them to not say it right now.

6 Likes

Or maybe they put enough read between the lines things in place and expected we didn’t need hand held and that we could put 2 and 2 together…

We know Locus Walker is more than capable of training people to use manipulate amd embrace the void. He’s the one that taught Alleria. When you go to the Void Elf Starting area the High Elf and Silvermoon Wayfarers are all flocked around? You guessed it the one being that knows how to teach others to use the void Locus Walker.

If they weren’t able to teach others of High Elf heritage how to use the void becoming void elves blizzard wouldn’t have wasted resources putting those npcs there. Further proof is the RP with Instructor Duskwalker. He’s training Initiates (that means new recruits btw) he’s gone through his harrowing with the void and now he’s teaching Initiates . This isn’t head canon this is following the bread crumb trail Blizz left in place.

6 Likes

It would be extraordinarily cruel to put a child elf through that so hopefully it will become a right of passage. Now that is assuming the void didn’t make the velfs sterile. It would bring a sense of urgency to the race to have that to over come. Being something that only a select group do to aid their faction verses everyone being Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I hope they flesh out the velfs a bit more because right now they just seem like someone who played with the color wheel on the blood elf creator.

2 Likes