Can someone remind Blizzard about this slide about Torghast at Blizzcon?

What, having fun? Giving feedback that they don’t want a timer on Torghast, like this post right here I made with 120 likes on it?

2 Likes

Or they could do this instead and it becomes a solution that can last the entire expansion. There will be other cooldowns involved as the expansion goes on.

While alpha-testing a WiP feature, you opted to skip floors and couldn’t handle that. Many will do just fine.

Yes let’s slap a solution on a problem that a tiny minority of the community has, waiting between each pull for long cooldowns, that pretty much nobody is going to do and ruin the content for themselves. Because feedback to not add a timer to Torghast just doesn’t exist, it will be fine, it won’t make people mad, especially right after we just got done with a really bad expansion where almost every major feature had a timer slapped on it.

What could go wrong?

1 Like

Ahh, I see. I haven’t been following the alpha/beta (I don’t know what stage they are). I should probably watch a video or two about the tower, I don’t even know what it’s for lol

You don’t know how wide spread it is. People on alpha have admitted to doing this now and there is no rewards other than bragging rights.

This is what they are trying to accomplish.

How do you know its a tiny minority? People used to think only tiny minority of playerbase buy carry run, turns out its one of the most lucrative business in WOW.

I find it hard to believe majority of playerbase would choose risky run over safe-and-sure way to win.

1 Like

I’m posting my feedback on how the system works. It’s honest feedback about my experience. I’ve sent the same to Blizzard on the alpha forums.

Further, while I don’t like the Torments at all, and I do want them removed, I’ve offered feedback on how to make them more effective at achieving the stated goals as well as more of an actual challenge to play around, rather than an annoyance.

Regardless of how this goes live, I’m probably playing it for the next 2ish years, so if I’m saddled with these torment mechanics I want the best possible version of them.

2 Likes

Blizzard: Torments are a minor nuisance that will only be a problem if you afk for 3 or more minutes every pull or 2. Anyone just playing normally won’t have any issues.

GD: Timers! How will I feed my children now!? REEEEEEEEEE

See, you say that, but it isn’t reality based on the current alpha build. Go read the Torghast feedback thread on the alpha forums starting with their latest blue post.

1 Like

That’s fair. Most of these people on GD are only getting bits and pieces of things though, I am betting most of them never even read that blue post regarding their aim with this. Plus it is week one of this, if there is a problem with some torments they will change but the people on GD will not necessarily be in a position to know things have changed - they may just remember what you told them in regards to these.

Oh don’t worry, if it changes for the better, I’ll be posting that feedback all over GD as well.

What if it changes for the better but you don’t think it has.

“… but maybe take your time to hunt for Anima”

Or maybe NOT now! :wink:

It is supposed to be only for the higher levels. It is possible most people in this thread won’t have to even be concerned with torments. So if you want to sit and explore or hunt for anima you can do it for hours.

I can be pretty objective.

For example, while I don’t like Torments, I can recognize that the decreased damage done variant is a legitimate challenge to play around and it incentivize completely different builds than most of the others. It’s interesting, it adds actual difficulty as the stacks grow, and it does achieve the stated goals. If all 6 Torments worked like that one in practice, I’d be much less irritated about the system overall.

Ok,does this mean at lower levels there are no torments? And what level do they start? I would like to try this dungeon with and without a group.

eSports reasons most likely

1 Like

I just watched Preach’s video on torments earlier today. He made two main points

• Torments make no impact as currently designed. They went afk for an hour on a floor and it was basically a non-issue.
  • He thinks torments are dumb and should be removed as it is tackling a problem that doesn’t exist and he’s afraid they’ll buff them because as they currently stand they’re non-impactful.

I think the playerbase is having a hard time understanding just what Torghast will actually feel to play with anima powers (myself included). He made another comment about how one solution people have made was to limit CD usage, but that certain classes like shamans or mages have anima powers that give you tons of bloodlust uptime or other high CD uptime. It goes hand-in-hand with the Blue post talking about how we need tester feedback over people reading about it, it sounds snide or dismissive but I think Torghast is a really crazy beast that the WoW community is not fully understanding of unless you’ve played other roguelike games (and some of us haven’t).

I don’t know. I like the concept of torments to be honest and I don’t have a problem with a non-timer function like what they are supposed to do, but maybe they don’t belong in what Torghast is, especially since it’s not supposed to be seen as a way to gear up that letting people play the way they want is just not that big of a deal.

Maybe torments should be like masks that you have to turn on to make it harder to reward certain/cooler stuff.

1 Like

One’s allot simpler to do than another, and would be more well received by the majority of their customer base.

Having said that, I tend to agree with BOTH Bellular and Preach, its not needed AT ALL.