Can someone answer that phone?

Yeah, if people were to team up and fight the opposition there would be less of that instead of people lining up like domino’s towards Black Rock Mountain. Just keep doing what you are doing Alliance. Maybe one day you guys will start fighting or quit all together. I don’t really care either way. I rather people quit than see anymore whining.

With Blizzard using cross realm battlegrounds their isn’t a reason to not run the other faction off. In fact with the War Effort coming up it makes sense to grief.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

But you repeat yourself :wink:

All countries/peoples always put a spin on their defeats to look gallant and virtuous.

Eh, there were a bunch of mistakes made, but you have to realize that part of the reason they were there is to hold up the Mexican Army long enough for the Texan army to form up into something resembling an actual fighting force, and for that army to get into a position where they could make a difference. Their last stand also served as a rallying cry during the conflict, helping to boost morale.

So it was a tactical defeat, but a strategic victory.

Another example would be the Battle of Thermopylae, where the Greeks (not just Spartans) held a narrow pass against insurmountable odds for days before they were cut off and surrounded. Tactical defeat (because they were all dead), but strategic victory, as it both served as a rallying cry, greatly boosting morale, and because it gave the other city states time to prepare.

The Alliance takes its ball and goes home rather than fight. They truly are the perfect faction for retail.

It is fascinating how easy it is for people who have massive numbers advantage to call others cowards. Another thread giving a good example of why servers are dying.

People do not seem to understand how massive a disparity of 20% is. Let alone on some servers where it is 40% or more. There is no amount of “getting gud” that can overcome the sheer amount of numbers that people get put up against.

When you are the dominant faction OF COURSE more people are going to be willing to PvP. There is very little risk. This is basic nature. When you know you are drastically outnumbered and the likely outcome is getting corpse camped for an hour, why would you bother?

1 Like

That is because they are stupid enough to fly singly into Thorium Point, and then try to make their way to the mountain on their own. If they formed up as a raid, came in at once (or didn’t come from the most-camped flight point in existence), then they might have a chance. Sweep the zone for a bit, and then retreat to another zone, keeping mobile, and not giving the other murderballs time to catch up to them.

There’s people who have formed raids, forced their way into the mountain, and then got wiped out, because they tried to hold the mountain against overwhelming force. Kick them in the balls, and then get out of there. You gotta think like VC.

I mean, on heartseeker I logged in to orgrimmar and was killed instantly. If the server balance was even worse on Flamelash, I can absolutely understand people bailing.

Nobody was expecting server balance to be so bad, caused by a poorly handled launch and exacerbated by transfers.

Activateing CareBear Stare!!!

1 Like

Expecting people to have to form a raid to literally do anything in the game is a bit silly don’t you think? It also completely glosses over the other point I made debunking your suggestion.

They’re on the servers that are centered around PvP, griefing, and ganking. PvE content is a privilege, not a right, on those servers. That privilege is paid for in blood. You might have 4/6 disadvantage globally, but that isn’t evenly distributed. Organize, and go in groups. Don’t get caught alone, and when you have a skirmish DON’T STAY STILL, because hunters are coming, and you’re prey.

That is what they signed up for when they went to a PvP server. If they didn’t know that was what they were signing up for, then they were either willfully ignorant or hopelessly naive. Either way, it is their choice, and they should suffer the consequences of it. Let them reroll to another server if they want to escape.

1 Like

It’s amusing to see the desperate pvpers who revel in overwhelming the enemy with gank squads try to justify why others shouldn’t quit so they can easily farm honor. Talk about the epitome of privilege (“your experience is invalid because I haven’t experienced the same thing, so you must suck or not be truly dedicated” or “you knew what you signed up for,” what a joke).
These are the same people who will make a pre-made for BG and then all quit (like cowards) if they aren’t up against a pug that they can easily stomp. Then they have the nerve to say things like “git gud.” That is hilarious!

1 Like

Cool, enjoy the dead servers because what you expect is literally absurd. Also, saying people “signed up” for massively imbalanced servers is simply false.

Yes, I will enjoy seeing the PvP servers die. And the lamentations of all the ‘real’ WoW players will sound oh so sweet from my ‘carebear’ server, as I leisurely ride across EPL and /wave at the other faction.

And they literally signed up for those servers. People saw nearly instantly that the servers were going to be unbalanced, and warned everyone, but they chose to stay. Hell, anyone who has looked at PvP in WoW in the last few years could tell you that the Alliance was going to be outnumbered on most PvP servers. There’s a reason that Blizzard literally had to bribe Alliance to turn on PvP, and opened up Mercenary mode so Horde could get more PvP time by masquerading as Alliance. Simply put, people who want to PvP are more likely to choose Horde, and people who want PvE are more likely to choose Alliance. It has been that way for a decade now.

1 Like

None of this would’ve been a problem if Blizzard just hadn’t underestimated classic interest and had smaller realms and utilized different server systems. All boils right back to layering and just generally trying to add in bad modern ideas made to resolve issues that wouldn’t have even existed if Blizzard had just put in a little bit of effort.

But that time has long come and gone.

1 Like

Skeram is looking pretty bad too, leveling a rogue in the high 40s I have literally seen about 5 alliance the past week.

Join us.

On a pve server.

Ditch those gross pvp servers.

1 Like

He’s trolling. He’s also claimed that Classic servers have the same population Vanilla servers did. Just ignore him and move on.

1 Like