Can someone answer that phone?

Expected this.

So let’s expand on this then since the ‘glorious’ army has it figured out.

Say a battlegroup consists of 4 servers

Of those 4, 3 are horde dominant, 1 is Alliance dominant for measure (still denotes the 3 to 1 balance)

Each server has the dominant faction with 5000 while the dominated faction only has 1600.

So in total, Horde would have 16600 while the Alliance have 9800.

How long do you think that queue is going to be…

It’s not going to be long at all. We’ve already been through the battlegroups for years. There were only long queues for the BGs people didn’t like such as Strand.

Well I won’t act like I have a crystal ball and Tuesday is 'round the corner.

But mathematically, depending on how they do battlegroups, people are likely to have longer times.

That is what guerrilla tactics are. Literally, any guerrilla force out there in real life is just a mobile gank squad, killing soft targets and then running away before overwhelming force can be brought to bear. People talk about STVietnam, and guess what, Alliance are the VC in this scenario. They need to start thinking and acting like it.

1 Like

We had them in vanilla, Alliance had LONG queues because of faction balance being tilted so heavily in their favor, could easily sit in queue for an hour to get into an AV before they switched to the zergfest version we’re getting, Horde are going to now sit through them.

Nah we just go to Azshara where allies don’t really go and camp the flight path, Horde PVP groups don’t bother cause theres no one else to fight. Honestly though its all just boring and BGs need to come out.

Going where the enemy doesn’t patrol often to pick off stragglers is a key part of guerrilla tactics.

1 Like

I had long AV queues, short AB queues and decent WSG queues as a Horde in vanilla. I don’t think queues will be very long over the next few weeks, especially with only two battleground even if all of the servers in a battlegroup have a majority of the same faction. I guess I’m not really making any sense here in this thread. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

when it’s not 40v40, it’d 80 or 100 v 40.

That’s true, but it would certainly create a far more balanced play environment than what players are seeing now. Whether you are in the “PvP happened” camp or not, drastic imbalances are not good for the game and can negatively impact the experience.

I rolled on an RP server, so it doesn’t impact me directly, but talking with others it’s definitely skewing the experience for many.

Of course not. It’s reasonable to have a few guilds worth of wPvP minded players on a PvP realm though right?

Oh wait, the realms are full of people not interested in wPvP and should have rolled on a Normal realm.

3 Likes

This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in scholo in the middle of the lake. Yet you all come to us Alliance people for hope. How dare you!

You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your endless ganks. And yet I’m one of the lucky ones. People are unsubbscribing. People are getting corpse camped. Entire factions are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass unsubbing, and all you can talk about is honor and fairy tales of eternal pvp growth. How dare you!

the question is what defines experience?
What were they hoping to experience?
This illusion of fairness or balance is just that…an illusion.
Blizz did everything they could to do that in BG’s, in retail, and it failed.

What is going on is a product of people who think wpvp means SS vs TM.
I knew full well what was going happen.
If you scroll back a few weeks on these boards, posters(mostly horde) were warning what was going to go down.
When Blizz were offering transfers, why did only the alliance leave?
I was in Theramore the other day, 3 horde, THREE …were running roughshod all over the place.
I tried to put up a token fight, but obviously it was merely for show.
But I hung around in ghost form for a while, to see what would happen.
Not one 60 alliance ever showed up. When I ran a guild back in TBC, if any in my guild chatted that they were being ganked, we came enmasse. We didn’t always win, but we came. So what does it matter then about balance if alliance players don’t even bother.
The mindset is already in place for these whiners, they don’t want fair pvp, they want no pvp or for someone else to do it for them and mind you, these people will all be back in a few weeks complaining about twinks.

3 Likes

And this is why I say it isn’t the population difference that is the problem. The problem is the psychological difference. There are a lot of people whose ideas of wPvP are TM and SS, or camping Nessingwary’s expedition in STV. They have these… misconceptions based on their time in Vanilla, when no one knew what they were doing, and were still working their way through the world.

But real wPvP isn’t like that, not any more. And they ignored everyone who was warning them about the slaughter to come. And yes, there were plenty of Horde, often on those big, unbalanced servers, who were warning people that they should run while they could.

But they didn’t listen. They didn’t run. And now they are paying for their foolishness. But, instead of sucking it up or rerolling, they complain, endlessly, looking for a higher power to fix things for them.

They thought they did, but they didn’t.

2 Likes

They most certainly did not do everything they could. In particular, they did not do single mixed faction queues with CoT-style faction changing. That would obviously have eliminated any bias due to better players preferring one of the two factions.

Because that’s not the kind of game WoW is. WoW is an open world RPG with PvP bolted on. It is not designed or intended to be a MOBA, arena game, or any of that.

1 Like

Another trash horde hiding his inability to play behind the numbers on his faction. Again nothing of value here from another horde player. Move along.

Says the Level 16 Gnome Warlock? What have you accomplished exactly to dismiss other’s opinions based on their faction?

I spent all of Vanilla outnumbered 10-1 on Dark Iron. And i never ONCE whined on the forums about it like you guys are. Some of the best pvp i ever had was me against 4-7 other people killing 2 or 3 before i died. THAT was a victory to savor.

I’ve accomplished the truth.

Not surprised. Lady Gaga will answer the phone!