Title derps are kind of annoying but not as bad as professions that require quest completion not having the level requirement removed, instead being at the squish equive of level (WoD profs are locked until you hit level 35 for instance, Legion is likely around 40, and b4a likely locked to 45+ level)
My glad title is now gone from ALL characters including the ones I got gladiator on in the past
same here all titles gone : /
Had Glad on all my toons and lost them today as well. What gives Blizz? It clearly states in the patch notes that titles and mounts will be account-wide. We need answers!
Yeah it clearly says mounts and Gladiator titles including from previous seasons will be account wide
There were changes made to Gladiator titles and mounts over the course of the Shadowlands Beta, so we’d like to clarify our intentions.
- Each season, the “Adjective Gladiator” title (e.g. Sinister Gladiator or Corrupted Gladiator) is awarded to characters that end the season in the top 0.1% of the 3v3 Arena ladder. This title is permanent and character specific, and includes legacy “Rank 1” titles which were earned under the old Battlegroup system.
- The “Gladiator” title is awarded to characters that win 50 3v3 games while at the Elite Rank. This title is seasonal – it is available for the duration of the season in which it is earned, and it is character specific.
- The Gladiator mount (e.g. the Corrupted Gladiator’s Proto-Drake) is awarded under the same circumstances as the “Gladiator” title and is available to all characters on that account permanently.
Going into Shadowlands, the availability of the mount is the only change here. Any other change related to the above rewards is a bug that will be quickly fixed.
We apologize for the confusion.
It was in the patch notes YESTERDAY that titles and mounts were included.
TO QUOTE : All Gladiator mounts and titles, including those from previous seasons, can be used by all characters across the account the mount and titles were earned on.
I mean you need to explain this blatant lie then? Because this one patch note that clearly states the opposite of what you’re telling us is what brought me back for prepatch / Shadowlands. The fact it was on PTR for months including Day 1 Pre patch further proves this patch note was indeed intended.
Patch notes do say titles. Unless patch notes had a typo…
While were on the topic… Any chance we could have the Area 52 replica vendors unlocked account wide when we reach 1800 RBG rating? Kind of a pain to re-grind it over and over again.
The patch notes showed every single gladiator mount line by line is now account bound. What you are stating is the exact opposite of what blizzard told EVERYONE.
Link for clarification lmao
So, beginning in Shadowlands, all Gladiator mounts, including those from previous seasons, can be used by all characters across the account the mount was earned on.
There’s obviously a huge amount of confusion because what was stated in the patch notes wasn’t true at all apparently. How do you go from ALL previously earned Gladiator titles to only rank 1 titles?
Probably just a misunderstanding by the guy writing the notes from what the guy making the changes said. Honestly though compared to the vendor/item level lock issues currently in effect this is kind of trivial/pointless is it not?
it’s trivial to someone who has never earned Gladiator, yes.
Nobody cares about glad anyway, who cares
You don’t care because you never got it.
lmfao look at you sitting on the forums waiting, nothing better to do other than complain and cry, makes sense.
I made a post about this earlier today here: Lost Gladiator title on alts
I just woke up and checked patch notes, and it now states only the mounts, they stealth removed the titles part of it, which is completely messed up. I love how shady and stealthy this company is. I am baffled by this… Like this was one of the few changes that I was actually looking forward to. I know the titles were always seasonal, but with “The Elite” titles out now I figured blizz did us a solid and made Gladiator account bound, but I guess not.
I should have known better from this company honestly. After playing for 15 years they still have the ability to lead me on and jebait me. I wasn’t even expecting this since the titles were being used for so long on beta/PTR and even went live. I was leveling my monk with it then it disappeared and said I lost the title. I had hopes for it being a bug since the game is so broken right now.
BTW I’m glad blizz takes the time to remove my title from me, but I can’t even log in right now as its black screened and it shows none of my characters on any server. Absolutely incredible.
Oh man people are going to be livid when they see this!
You get the mounts but not the title on characters that didn’t earn it? If so what’s the problem? Should a gladiator title you earned on a warlock show up on a warrior you never played PvP with? (Serious question as I’m confused why people are mad about a title on alts)
I would like to note that I haven’t earned the Gladiator title on any character so I can’t say that I have any stake in this. I do have other titles that I’m attached to though and if the initial patch notes (and the first day of the patch) gave me the option to represent my character in a way that I wanted (alt or not), then took it away… I would be disappointed as well.
I’m posting to let you know that the patch notes blog post have been updated to reflect that it’s only the mounts now. Titles are no longer mentioned as being included for account-wide which matches with the Blizzard post.
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
- Battle for Azeroth Season 4 will end with the launch of the Shadowlands pre-patch. During the off-season, Mythic Keystone dungeons will still be playable using Season 4 affixes and rewards, but their seasonal achievements will no longer be available. Additionally, it will still be possible to queue for Rated PvP based on your Season 4 rating, but titles and associated rewards will no longer be earnable.
- All Gladiator mounts, including those from previous seasons, can be used by all characters across the account the mounts were earned on.
- Gladiator’s Medallion, Adaptation, and Relentless have been removed from Honor Talents. The functionality of removing control-impairing effects will be restored as a powerful PvP trinket option that can be purchased with Honor from Aneka Melae in the Hall of Legends in Orgrimmar and Alice Fischer in the Champion’s Hall in Stormwind.