Can not find old quest

So I’m one of many who thought I’d never play pet battles. Always thought they were a waste of time. I started the main quest in MoP when these first launched and haven’t touched a single pet battle since.

With the Shadowbarb Hatchling and Drone questline, I forced myself to do it and actually found it entertaining. Now I’m doing pet battle dailies everyday on multiple characters to hoard resources.

I’m looking at achievements and see that I only did 5 or 6 of the Kalimdor trainers. I dropped the quest at some point over the years and now I can’t seem to find it. I went to the original NPC in org, the trainer in Desolace (that was where I left off), and several others along the way. Nothing. The only pet battle quests I have in my log (I know they’re account wide) are for draenor and the gnomergan dungeon.

I cannot complete these achievements because I can’t battle the trainers. Anyone have any idea how to find this old quest and resume it?

The second part of the Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms trainer quests can sometimes be glitchy. You might try switching characters and talking to the Orgrimmar trainer on them or sometimes even having an Allianace character talk to the starting trainer in Stormwind can get it going again.

1 Like

That’s a good idea thank you. I never started it on alliance so I’ll try that.

“If you have dropped your quest you can pick it back up at the last tamer you battled they will send you on to the next level tamer.”

Check your achievement and see which trainers you battled. Go to them.

1 Like

Edit: found the quest in Ashenvale. Definitely not the last one I finished. Actually 2 steps backward but it’s fine. Thanks for the tips all.

Yeah that’s the 2nd thing I tried. The last one I finished was the Tauren lady in Desolace. She should have sent me to the Goblin in Southern Barrens. I went back to the Tauren and have nothing there. Just the “tell me about yourself” dialogue.

Can someone give me ahint on what to do? i already backtracked all the guys in eastern kingdoms and even go visit all the guys i should be battling next , but neither of them have the quest nor accept a fight when i talk to them and no matter how many times i log in i just cant get Aubrey Burnhep in stormwind have the quests again, i cannot try to log in as another character, since i dont have one, my worgen is the only one

Any tip on how i could fix this glitch or get the questline going on again?

You may need to at least start the Horde side quests. Maybe even to just talk to the trainer in Orgrimmar and then seeing if Aubrey has the quests for you. The combo of account wide quests tied in to faction specific ones has always made it somewhat glitchy.

So starting the battle pet quests with a horde character may unstuck the quest chain for my alliance char?

Yeah, I’d give it a shot. You need to do a bit of each side to open both Continents’ dailies anyway. And if I remember at least a few of the other side’s to unlock the safari hat achievement.

Then again it’s been a long while (Mists) since the pet chain was added. It could also be that the whole thing is broken right now with the new level 50 and Chromietime and will need to be fixed. From seeing the forums there have been a bunch of things screwed up with the level changes and will probably take awhile to get all straightened out.

I think you have to be Horde for most of the Kalimdor dailies, and Alliance for most of Eastern Kingdoms.

Yeah you may also be right in that , cause i had this issue a few days after the update with the massive changes and level shrinking stuff, before that everything was working normally and actually i was leveling up my pets before taking the rest of the quests Aubrey was offering =S

Hmmm thats odd , cause before this happened i actually completed all kalimdor pet trainers up to Stone cold Trixxie , after the update is when i was going back to start the Eastern Kingdoms trainers quest and they had dissapeared =S

Upvote x 100. After hours of trying to figure out why I couldn’t fight any tamers this was the solution!