Can nelf players stop gate keeping the horde

Yeah, gatekeeping sucks. Though I question how much the developers listen to such things.

Not that much, but if they think people want this sort of thing, they might do it, like how they added the loyalist questline even if it wasnt planned.

Wow, these kinds of threads are much more bearable now that I’ve put Kat on ignore.

11 Likes

You don’t think it’s weird for them to be angry but you do see a problem for Nelf fans to be upset? That’s not fair at all.

4 Likes

Well because it doesnt effect nelf players that a horde player does a quest, and well the horde players are wrong about adrenweald, its pretty good quest, and doesnt have the issues valsharah does, but I understand that valsharah put a bad taste in there mouth. Theres nothing like that for a nelf player, for them its just them trying to exclude a whole faction from a story.

In the book Tyrande asked for what it is owed. In a way Horde is invited to help.

3 Likes

Well it doesn’t affect a Horde player that they have to do a quest either? Both are valid emotions. I don’t see why one is wrong and the other is right. And i also disagree, there IS something like that for Nelf players. Just the same way Valsharah put a bad taste in Horde players mouth, the War of thorns put a bad taste in the night elf players mouth. It’s the same thing.

5 Likes

Actually it does, its less content for those who want to do it, and like the dwarf above said, tyrande literally invited the horde to actually help. so it makes sense from a story standpoint

Besides being obviously inflammatory towards a part of the playerbase and trying to stir up conflict between different fanbases

6 Likes

Blizzard doesnt seem to think that ha, and besides I am not, Players gatekeeping, trying to decide what quests players can do, is toxic only blizzard should decide that

It certainly would be an ideal situation where players can choose to partake in a quest chain or not just like it would be cool if we could choose things like Joining Sylvanas instead of Saurfang or Garrosh instead of Vol’jin.

However, this is Blizzard’s story, not our story so we’re stuck on a set of rails. If you want to minimize your “Help Tyrande” as a Horde player than about all you can do is pick a different covenant than Night Fae.

2 Likes

Ideally for me, we would just end the factions, I feel they are past due now and we all do the same story, so instead of splitting up reasoruces they just focus on one good story, its no secret that the best xpacs in wows life have been the ones where the horde and alliance have come together to fight for the greater good.

but in terms of this, I also feel like if nelves stop the horde from helping them, how are we ever going to end the cycle? how can the horde prove to the alliance its different, that the sickness is gone from it.

I think that’s people misremembering the actual narratives.

For instance, Vanilla was all faction war as the only real overarcing threat and people loved that so much they brought it back.

TBC was meh-ish storywise, with people mostly seeming to like the new Blood Elf stuff. How they handled Illidan was the biggest weakness.

Many people enjoyed ARTHAS’ story in WotLK (and many thought he was made into a cartoonish villain), but the leveling stuff, which was rooted in the faction war as well, was also well received. People enjoyed seeing their faction leaders go through their respective arcs with Arthas too. The whole teaming up to take him down wasn’t so much celebrated.

In Cataclysm, people complained about the cross faction stuff, particularly Alliance players having to team up with Thrall to take down Deathwing, who many felt wasn’t a very engaging villain.

MoP was enjoyed during the leveling content, again, where the faction war was a thing. It started to fall apart when we all had to team up to take on Garrosh as the big bad.

WoD is another situation where the factions were more or less split up and doing their own thing and had different narratives. People enjoyed the leveling storylines. It was the endgame content where we were all collecting Apexis crystals for Khadgar that things started falling apart.

The only time Legion featured Horde/Alliance anything was in the context of the faction war. Other than that, Horde and Horde related themes were largely absent from the expansion- until it was decided that the Proto-Night Elves would become Horde.

And say what you want about the pre-patch of BfA, the actual leveling content was full of great storytelling, only to fall completely flat when the story became about teaming up to take out the big bad: Sylvanas AzsharaNzoth.

“You’re just a Horde/Alliance agent in this new land trying to explore, find allies, and solve problems while occasionally fighting with your long term rival,” is where WoW is at it’s best.

“You are the champion of Azeroth who must join the leaders of Azeroth and unite its the Alliance/Horde against this powerful figure who threatens ALL of Azeroth.” is where WoW is at its worst.

9 Likes

Can’t say I agree with getting rid of the factions all out because I honestly like the Horde and prefer they maintained their independence. Plus I’d kind of like to see a faction war where they Alliance starts things instead of the same rince n’ repeat “Horde Smash Alliance”.

Second part I agree that it should be fine for Horde players to help Tyrande out but I don’t think Horde should worry about proving their good to Alliance. They could be good and nice for decades and some Alliance official might decide things are better without the Horde or they might want Horde lands and use Teldrasil as a rallying cry for a war to gain resources. The Horde should focus on being good because it’s better for them in the long run seeing as being aggressive has been rather self-destructive for them the last few times.

1 Like

The alliance will never attack the horde, if you think that its not what the alliance is about, what is it with horde players just trying to make alliance players miserable, you enjoyed bfa? I really doubt you did, you want one of our leaders, to start a whole so then later we ban together, kick them out of the alliance then work together to bring them down, you think a 3rd verison of the mop story will play anybetter, just cause blue leader this time

THat would be so fun, horde players can whine in the fourms about losing a city, alliance players can rip each other apart arguing which alliance is the true alliance(like it matters) then the people who sided with the warmonger character can cry about why blizzard wont let them delete the other faction.

While the lamentations of Night Elf Posters can venture into the realm of ridicule, I would not blame them for gatekeeping the Horde story. The Horde story has gone on, despite criticisms from many fronts.

The Warchief musical chairs, drag queen nocturnal emissions of Nerzhul, and the evil times of the month of Sylvanas, were not caused by Night Elf Posters.

3 Likes

Deleting the horde isnt a option so the horde turning a new leaf and helping the kaldorei to make up for there crimes is the only path we got

1 Like

It’s actually doing the opposite. And telling two different fanbases to stop their needless conflict.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve not seen any Night Elf player mad about Horde questing in Ardenweald or helping save NE souls.

I’d actually be happy to see Horde players save NE souls. It’s not an ideal scenario for them but at least they would put themselves apart form the “evil horde”.

There have been so many Horde players upset about getting involved in WoT and now they can finally do something about it.

9 Likes

Pretty much, yes.

Future faction wars are almost a certainty. Horde vs Alliance is pretty much the corner stone of Warcraft and I have zero doubts that Blizzard will want to try again at some point. If they want to villain bat a faction leader again, they will. Maybe it’s high time the roles were reversed for a change.

And don’t say that Alliance will never attack the Horde. All Alliance needs to start a war is a faction leader who to suddenly be in charge while Anduin’s indisposed and decide maybe things would be better off if the Horde were gone, or start a war for some other purpose.

Hey look! Anduin’s going to be stuck in the Maw for a while and Turalyon’s going to be calling the shots in his absence!

“The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.”

1 Like