Can melee kill a lock with amp weakness on them

If I cast an amplified weakness on any melee 20% attack speed slow and no crits Is there any ay they can out damage aff self healing and damage reduction and shield?

Yes they can still kill you, especially Ret Pallies, Unholy DKs, Rogues.

It’s good for buying your healers time. Rogues can cloak out of it. Aff and Destro are really squishy since they removed demon armor for no apparent reason.

I was meaning in Dragonflight with all the defensives in the general tree having soul link 2 demon armors Blood pact shield massive healthstones and drainlife healing especially with soulburn.

I’ve been dueling on the PTR and it seems like you can’t get globaled by melee, the survivability is pretty high. But they’re just duels so take that with a grain of salt. Some of the abilities are bugged as well, soulburn healthstone and soulburn drain life don’t work.

Soul link was nerfed and the talent that brings it back to 20% when below 35% health doesn’t work yet either.

I actually dont think 10 % aditional transfer to a squishy pet is worth 2 late talent points anywaythey made what was 1 talent point into something that costs 4 points and still does not match what 1 point did. Only way those points can be justified is with sacrifice when you still get full 20% health bonus not the stupidly implemented 35% health requirement for reduction.

1 Like

Sac Pact is a huge shield, on my lock it’s giving me a 67k hp shield, then you got Unending Resolve for 40% DR, plus a 40% healthstone with soulburn, 20% health with death coil, plus soul leech.

However, this is just long cd burst survivability. The bigger problem is lock has no reliable self peel or kiting potential, and melee can sit on you through all your cd’s, most of which go above 2+ min cd’s. And since their defensives have way shorter cd, they have powerful self sustain, and you don’t have disarms to interrupt their damage outside death coil/axe toss, they just outlast you and outDPS you.

1 Like