Can it be done

Just a thought, if void elf edgelords can create zombie dinosaurs and use then as weapons can they do the same with deceased horde bodies? Will it be morally grey if they did it?

It looks and sounds like more of a void animated simulacrum than actual reanimation. Hence why they say it’s highly dangerous and will eventually grow too powerful to control. It looks like what it once was but it’s not the same.

Yeah, it’s more like a golem made out of bones than actually bringing back something’s spirit.

1 Like

I don’t see why it would be an issue, the Horde seem fine with their bodies being raised by Sylvanas at Lordearon and They certainly don’t care about the Alliance being raised as undead. It would a bit Hypocritical to get grumpy about it if the alliance starts doing it to them.

However it would certainly be a morally grey moment, however we could use more of those.

1 Like

There are loads of enemy horde npc bodies everywhere so i was curious, why go through the pain of reanimating dinos when enemy corpses are more abundant? So the only reason it has not happened yet is because they (void elves) were not asked to I take it?

1 Like

I suppose this is actually a pretty complex question, because it can be argued either way. I would say it would be looked down upon, but not all that crazy, especially if they were cool with being raised to begin with.

Edit: oh you meant Void Elves. Eh, idk? Probably not too different an answer tbh. Looked down upon throughout the alliance, but overly not so.

Yep you are correct. Its basically a void abberation that visually appears like the deceased entity but is not. It has its own mind i imagine. But would be hilarious to send them against the horde. :grin::grin:

They chose the T-rex because it was meant to be a terror tactic, using an embodiment of the Zandalari’s faith to massacre them.

1 Like

The Void dinosaur isn’t necromancy in the same vein as what we’ve seen before. It’s an aberration inside the bones of a dinosaur puppeting the skeleton around.

It stands to reason that they could do it with Horde bodies, but it would be impractical for a couple reasons. Whenever they summon something from the Void (like the Void Dino or the aberration in Vol’dun), it’s a single big thing that a lot of them control. Summoning many aberrations to stuff them into corpses - which would likely be more difficult since the corpses are fresh - doesn’t seem like their scene.

Basically, Void Devilsaur > Horde Corpses. And if the dinosaur isn’t available, why waste a Void Elf concentrating on a piddly Horde puppet when they could do more damage on their own? It’s not an efficient strategy.

1 Like

I understand your reasoning but if they did use horde corpses. Would it be dangerous if they reanimated the void abberated puppateered deceased horde corpses and then sent them to fight side by side alongside with the front line void elf infantry (aka the melee classes)?

Hence their frontline would consist of both puppateered horde corpses and their void elf melee backbone? Which would make up for their lack of numbers in melee frontline?

Abandoning the puppets would likely not put them on the front lines. They’d just run amok.

The aberrations of the Void are not on Team Blue. They’re only there if the Void elves control them, like Warlock demons.

You don’t need that many melee. This isn’t mythic plus.

The Night Elven Dark Rangers would pick your lines to pieces before they even got close enough for anyone to tell there were any Void Aberrations.

Can they create a magical remote trigger of some sort, hand it over to each and every melee void elf soldier on the frontlines? From this remote they can retain control and if the abberant goes berserk, one button press will turn it into egg yolk?

Well now you’re just making stuff up and asking if it’s real. That’s nowhere in lore.

I’m trying to justify it’s safe usage in void elf infantry. If there was a way to control it’s behaviour, they could safely use them to make up for their severe lack of frontline soldiers. The only danger i see here is the melee void elf soldiers would be fighting alongside them closely and the abbherant can maybe attack the wrong target.

All well and good, but your justifications are based on stuff that doesn’t exist yet. I’m telling you why they wouldn’t execute this strategy based on the resources that they DO have. What they COULD have is inconsequential.

Makes sense.

One more thing I forgot to mention, the gnomes can help them create a remote trigger, they are good at tinkering.

:joy::joy:

Void energy and gnomish tinkering are two different school.

Also don’t use that emoji when you haven’t said anything funny. You’ve just stated something, it doesn’t warrant a :joy::joy:.

The use of emoji was purely for sarcasm.

That said, id like to see what happens in the future, if they can reanimate a dino, a corpse wouldnt be harder!