Can i transfer my retail character to tbc?

can i transfer my retail character to tbc? i will pay money
thanks

4 Likes

Yes

6 Likes

By retail do you mean shadowlands? If so then absolutely not.

1 Like

I am level 60, can I copy this character to TBC?

1 Like

world of warcraft and classic are the same company

3 Likes

What does that have to do with anything it doesn’t matter if its the same company. You realize all the stats issues and achievement, gears and so on and also races that cannot be certain classes, its absolutely impossible.

others could do it too it’s not like id be the only shadowlands character

2 Likes

lol that was funny

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re trolling or are just special, but it’s incredibly obvious and clear that you will never be able to transfer a retail (Shadowlands) character to Classic TBC. That is your answer and nothing you say or do can change that answer.

1 Like

i am a paying customer and i legally own the rights to my characters

4 Likes

I know I am responding to a troll thread…but this statement is incorrect.

5 Likes

What I find even more hilarious than the original post is the amount of people that think he’s serious.

1 Like

You’re an idiot, this is obviously very serious! I agree, I want my level 60 Dark Iron Dwarf Warrior in TBC Classic! Please make this an option, I will pay anything!

1 Like

Man if that was possible id do it, but they would have to wipe all our gear because it wasn’t earned in this version of classic vanilla. I’d love to bring my original characters back, but let’s be real, blizzard wouldn’t do that in a hundred years because by holding our original Vanilla characters hostage in SL they have hope that we may play more SL.

Lol the trolls are going too far now.

1 Like

i mean… we’re all just hangin’ out at 60 right? no harm, no foul. :rofl:

they are already saying their motto is “lots of changes” i dont see why this isnt allowed. the only reason we couldnt do it back during tbc is because shadowlands wasnt out yet

I think the retail servers should progress to TBC instead of the classic servers. You can either stay in the Shadowlands forever, or continue on to TBC.

i agree, and they can give us an option to pay to keep both or the other one gets deleted

1 Like

Here are some problems that blizzard would face regarding a choice like this.

Certain classes aren’t era appropriate like DK, Monk and DH.

Many characters on retail weren’t created until long after TBC likely post Cata.

So to prevent all kinda of issues they would need to restrict this sort of thing to characters made during Vanilla OR TBC original, and all our gear would need to be removed.

Makes sense ya?

But, because other players on non qualified classes and characters would whine about not having the option, well now we just can’t have nice things.

So the reality is, very very very unlikely.

Demon Hunter, Monk, Death Knight aren’t classes in TBC and so could not translate.

Retail Players would QQ about loosing all achievements, pets that literally do not exist, specs that do not exist like bear Druid and Outlaw rogue…

Then the issue of all the whining about class mechanics being 100% different… it’s just not a practical move because retail and Classic TBC are entirely different games in every single way. Literally nothing is the same save the game engine and client shell.