Can i no longer gift a month of game time?

title ^

i can’t find the option to gift a month of game time to my younger brother, is it gone or am i looking in the wrong place?

i’m only see a 3 month option and neither of us can afford that upfront cost… nor do we wan’t to commit to 3 months to just to let him try a game.

3 Likes

I’m kind of confused on the entire thing so I cant say for sure since I’ve never gifted time, but hopefully this post will help clear it up since I think the two are related:

1 Like

you cannot. They removed all the other pay for game times in the shop. Those options is now only available through subbing.

I believe it is a 60 day option. Not a 90 day. But yes, it is the only game time option available. The others were removed. You can still use in game tokens for 30 days of game time. Every other option is to subscribe.

that’s… really dumb.

alright well i guess my only option is to bug a GM to give him a bit of game time so i can trade him gold.

i don’t understand why i have to use such a roundabout option but alright, i guess i’ll help their employees earn a paycheck.

if that doesn’t work well they lost the chance of gaining atleast one customer.

9 Likes

Yup. Blizz is doing a good job at losing it’s player base lol.

10 Likes

Instead of bugging a GM (which may actually earn you a punishment), see if you can gift him $20 Bnet balance. He can then purchase a token, and should be able to use it when he goes to log in…?

Is that still a thing? Was it ever a thing? Am I misremembering? That’s happened before.

yee i saw that but i’m not sure if you can use Bnet balance for it anymore or not.

it specifies that some payment methods don’t work or something.

i might be able to add a few dollars just to test it

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s $20 + tax. So check first how much it costs him to purchase the token with a normal payment method, don’t submit the order, and then you’ll know how much Battle.net balance to gift him. But check to make sure tokens are purchasable with Battle.net balance before you do that.

I thought you cannonly auction the token?

New policy says no to that also. My friend tried. :confused:

Probably would be better if he were to reach out to CS for a bit of game time. Then you give him the gold.

that is such a stupid move on Blizzards part =/

i just tried gifting Bnet currency and you apparently can’t use it to subscribe… like come on.

it’s looking like theres no way for my brother to play, this is beyond infuriating.

The recent game time changes are a really bad move. When I was a teen I could only play occasionally so I bought 1 month cards or bought a month time online. Really sucks that people can’t as easily play for just a month and have to buy double what they used to. At least the subs did not change but not everyone can subscribe.

1 Like

I hope that is not true. Someone asks for help from a gm and they instead punish not help the player. If that is the case what a disgrace.

That is suppose to be part of a gm to actually help the player-base.

the problem is bugging a GM is now my ONLY option.

neither of us have the cash to drop on 60 days of gametime (let alone 30)

if i could simply mail him the gold or even a token itself this would all be solved.

it’d send a neat message if no gifted gametime was ever to be sold again due to it but you know ppl will just buy 3 instead and bobby will laugh his way to the bank :wink:

Give it a shot, as long as you don’t spam multiple tickets they should be helpful if you explain the situation.

There’s asking for help and then there is asking for a freebie.

If his younger bro wants to try the game the free trial option is still around or there’s the old fashion way of just letting him make a character on their account.

1 Like

They want people to sub so they can get those sub numbers up for the board of directors and make it look like the game isn’t dying. I refuse to sub for that reason and only buy game time.

If you have an ebay account, you can get 60 days game time for about the cost of a token and then you can give your brother the code. I just reupped for 60 days and it only cost me $25.

2 Likes