Can I Go Back To Combat Please

I get it pirates we’re in that Legion season, but much like clothes its time for some changes. Honestly I don’t hate it but the idea is just so boring now. I’m a master swordsman who can go toe to toe with any class right… as long as they are not from this list of classes.

Enchantment Shaman
Any Type Of Warrior
Any Type Of Dk
A paladin(Heaven forbid a Ret Paladin)
A Priest… Yes a holyman or woman

I just feel we need to lose that pirate aspect, you know drop the pistol maybe have a some sort of Glyph that changes it into a mini crossbow (like the hunters), a slingshot, mini axes, daggers, shurikens! Anything to replace the pistol cause when you say master swordsman I don’t immediately think of whipping out a loaded piece and popping some poor bastard, and its fine to keep the gun too but hey variety isn’t a bad thing.

Also fix SnD so its viable and easy to replace Roll of The Bones rng system. Im not a betting man and to base a specs damage output on a rng system is cool in theory but in execution … nah

3 Likes

If you cannot beat an enhancement shaman with the rogue spec of your choice, find another class to play. You clearly do not understand how to play the class and probably find yourself outmatched by normal enemies out in the world as well.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s saying he wants Outlaw rogue to be a non-pirate spec and doesn’t want to be like an enhancement shaman.

I don’t think he’s saying he loses to enhancement shaman. It’s a thread on theme not kit, I believe

2 Likes

I don’t think you read it properly.

1 Like

I see what you’re saying but the above quote, I thought, meant OP was talking theme

He is kind of all over the place with is points but he is saying he cannot beat the class/specs he listed with Outlaw spec the way it currently is due to its pirate theme.

Ah yes, I’d love to pull out my slingshot and fling pebbles at the DK.
That’s the true Rogue fantasy right there.

3 Likes

I absolutely hate the aesthetics of outlaw and don’t consider players of it to be real rogues.

I despise gimmicks and class identities. The whole swashbuckling pirate theme of it makes me sick to my stomach.

I would fully support a glyph that changes it to a bow instead of a pistol however even the names of the abilities (roll the bones, grappling hook) make me sick and will never be put on my bars.

True story I actually put outlaw rogues on ignore if I get them in my games for disgracing this class

7 Likes

You missed the whole point to that. I don’t care about the class dps cause I play enchant shaman to and thats the good thing about the game, I can play more than one class so I don’t really have to care about understanding one. The list was simple a crack at how I feel the spec is, if you can go toe to toe with a shaman by all means grab a cookie from the jar, but thanks I’ll definitely look into one of the other classes I already have 120 on.

1 Like

I’d play combat over outlaw any day, at least there was actual dmg to be set up. Not it’s rng rtb simulator, and hoping for corruption procs.

5 Likes

Combat was a better spec for rogues. Outlaw just doesn’t cut it. My rogue went from being my number one favorite character to dropping down to about sixth. I have chars for each class. Please give us combat rogues back. This was my first character back when WOW first came out.

5 Likes

Outlaw can absolutely dump on Warriors…They’re an absolute joke right now. Between parry, disarm, and gouge, you can almost complete neuter Fury healing and Arms? Well…those poor guys.

Shadow priests? Outlaw eats them up too. Kick, gouge, cheap, cloak. Don’t let them cast and you win.

DK? Okay ya…Frost is rough for us. UH? Avoid abomb, roll for leech, use cleave pet damage to outheal his damage. Disarm/parry while low. Cloak on their goes or use to escape.

Enhance? This one is a joke right? Those poor dudes…just use your 8 yard range and tickle them until they fall over from their lack of self sustain. They go immune? Take two steps back and just keep em slowed. Disarm/blind/gouge/stun lust usages.

Outlaw is not in a great spot at all for PvP, but the classes you listed aren’t even our struggle buses. WW’s will eat us alive, Destro just laugh if you let them get a single cast, and a good ele will make you hate your choice in spec.

But then on top of all of that, the reason you can’t beat this guys is because you’re dressed as a pirate? The class has it’s problems, I agree, but the Outlaw “theme” is not one of them. It’s extremely flexible and like others have said, make a glyph for pistol shot/BtE and you alleviate half of the cosmetic complaints.

We need a slingshot.

2 Likes

Considering how bad you are at rogue, you’re doing them a favor.

Combat was the in your face spec for Rogues back in the day that needs to return… I have been stuck playing a Windwalker Monk as it’s the closest (without stealth) gameplay that somewhat feels like my old Rogue.

2 Likes

I loved combat rogue when I started playing in Mists, the deep insight killing spree was so fun to use, hasn’t been the same without it.

4 Likes

Enjoying combat daggers in Classic, God it feels good, and TB C only makes it better and better. Hell, I might play mutilate in TBC, because everything is actually fun before Blizzard killed our class entirely with wod and burried the body in legion.

3 Likes

For me, Legion was the last time I really enjoyed playing as my rogue… Blade furry was fun back then… not the temp buff it is now.