Can I get a different mouse pointer?

The hand icon for your mouse in game is so small I cant find it when I need it a lot… anyone recommend a way to change that/make it larger? I do use Elvui, is it on there?

There is hidden setting for the cursor size. You can change it using the console command:

/Console cursorSizePreferred -1

and change the number to find what works for you.

-1 will autodetect based on your resolution setting
0-4 will set it to varying sizes, 1 being the smallest

The first time you try and use a script command, you’ll get a warning about running scripts. As long as you make sure you only run scripts from trusted sources, you’ll be okay. (The one I posted came from this blue post here.)

There are also addons and weakauras out there to add stuff to the mouse pointer to make it easier to keep track of. I don’t use any so I can’t make any specific recommendations, but they are out there.

6 Likes

There’s also weakaura’s you can get that put circles around the mouse that show cast times and gcd

There is also an addon called CursorTrails that will put an animation on the cursor movement to help you find it. They have about 30-40 animations you can pick from.

2 Likes

Seconding that recommendation for the addon CursorTrails, it has so many customizable options. I try to make them match my class theme and there’s always one that fits without being obnoxiously distracting, you can fully control the trail/animation’s size and saturation.

It’s made huge team fights in PvP and raid fights with multiple mechanics so much less stressful for me.

2 Likes

You can download CursorTrail from curse. It adds sparkles/ etc to your mouse so you can keep track of it. OR CursorMod which will allow you to keep your mouse on the screen even when you’re clicking to move, by leaving a bigger hand where your mouse is.

Another idea I use to not lose my mouse is to Bind weakauras to it.