Can i ask why

Rogues even have lockpick still? might as well remove it. after all, you haven’t given us anything to use it on this expansion yet.

1 Like

Tol Dagor!

7 Likes

wow, i got one place i can use an ability i have had since vanilla.
one place.

2 Likes

I get it, but it was the only thing I could think of. There are problems like this across the spectrum of WoW.

I fully support the idea, but I worry that anything they could implement would just make a rogue more necessary for the dungeon, and a lot of non rogues are already pretty upset that we’re mandatory already.

Perhaps a monetary reward? Maybe some locked chests in dungeons we could open to give us and/or the party extra gold? An extra piece of loot at the end? Something that reflects our class flavor. I’m a pirate, but I’m not finding any treasure.

For that matter, WTH happened to lock boxes? I found them while leveling up, but haven’t seen a single one drop from current content.

1 Like

That’s what I’m getting at. What the heck happened to lockbox.

2 Likes

Fun was detected, fun was deleted.

12 Likes

I’d rather have pickpocketing mean something. Lockpicking still has its uses, albeit they are few and far between circumstances. It was cool what they did with pickpocketing in legion. Was hoping they’d expand on it in BfA. They decided to go the other way…

6 Likes

Seriously though, does anyone know why they got rid of lockboxes? I really miss those.

Not sure why they removed them, I found it a fun thing to do while pick pocketting and get boxes (wrath) and that small chance of an epic item from the boxes, now it feels like these abilities are just watered down and boring.

There was talk a bit ago from early release they were going to add in something for rogues and pick pocketting/lock picking but not sure when. Probably when they Pathfinder part II becomes live. They did it in WoD and Legion so I hope they follow suit.

I remember a while back one of the devs talking about how the original 16 slot backpack is “hard” coded and can’t be changed. Trying to change it would break a lot of things.

Lockpicking is like that. It’s hard coded into the class core and can’t be removed without breaking alot of things. Since it can’t be removed, Blizzard makes it useless by manipulating the loot table.

If the function call returns a null value, the game crashes. That’s why we only get just a few silvers.

I send lockboxes from my leveling lowbies to get opened. :smiley:

Except they found a way around the back pack thing and now we have 20 slots.

How many miracles were you expecting. :wink:

Tgere is a reason i shall be playing classic.
Retail has sucked the soul and flavor out or the game

2 Likes

A lot of things wow have taken a back seat in terms of use, outside of lock picking I see many old professions that are nothing worth spending time on. (Inscription) compared to back in Wrath is a shell of its former self and hardly worth looking at IMHO

1 Like

Lock picking is still fun to use and one of the flavors of Rogue game play still intact.

Really? Show me a lockbox in BFA

1 Like

lawkbawksys styll contain lut

Who said anything about doing boring BFA content?