Confirmed MSAA Anti-Aliasing produces Error 132

After much trial and error to solve my Error 132, after updating Windows 10, and my AMD drivers, trying some compatibility mode suggestions.

Anti-Aliasing turned on will instantly cause Error 132. Anti-Aliasing turned off, the game will run as normal.

1 Like

I can’t even get into the game to turn it off.

You should be able to access menu on the character select and login screens.

I can’t get that far. My game crashes at launch. I uninstalled all my add ons and now am downloading a new video driver.

I’m having the same issue, I can’t get to character select either, crashes before anything loads.

My client crashes immediately if I try to log into a character with MSAA anti-aliasing enabled. CMAA and lower are currently working fine. This wasn’t an issue before the patch released.

I can not even make it to select screen it crashes a soon as the game launches.

1 Like

I’m also having the same problem after installed the patch

Thank you for your report, everyone! We’re gathering information and checking this out! Just curious for those who can’t launch at all. Does forcing Dx11 work around the AA crashes?

1. Open the Blizzard Application.
  2. Under the World of WarCraft tab, go to Options > Game Settings.
  3. Check Additional Command Line Arguments.
  4. Type in: -d3d11
    Click done and retest World of WarCraft.
4 Likes

Im already in dx11 mode because of the shader cache bug you guys have not fixed yet for AMD cards.

EDIT and Update: Well actually adding that did work and was able to log in as it looks like it reverted back to dx12 so that means dx12 is completely busted for AMD cards?

I have a nvidia card and having same issue krace…

Caterpepi,

This worked! Note, I had used the Launcher to “Reset In-Game Options” and had no success. Adding that -d3d11 flag in forced it to work.

The Anti-Aliasing crashes are appearing on AMD cards only from the reported crashes. If you’re on an Intel Integrated card or Nvidia, please start a separate thread.

Thanks for following up! It looks like the ones with D3D11 work around that has worked so far is a different crash than the Anti-Aliasing crash. If the crash is immediate, please try the workaround posted above.

If you are able to access the character select screen, please try disabling Anti-Aliasing or trying CMAA if using MSAA. If this works, please let us know if switching to -d3d11 or Direct X 11 under System > Advanced works with MSAA.

I have an AMD card and I’m experiencing the anti-aliasing crash when using MSAA, even when switching to DX11. On DX12 the crash would be immediate with an error pop-up, on DX11 I can load into the character select screen, but when entering the game it just freezes and I have to manually exit.

CMAA seems to work fine right now, but I do hope something can be fixed as MSAA is my preferred AA setting, and the best looking one.

2 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation, Vephriel!

Going into advanced settings and switching off “Multisample Alpha Test” fixed this issue for me.

However, i’m noticing a lot of FPS stuttering recently.

8 Likes

Velaisa that worked for me! I was able to put MSAA x8 back on when I unchecked that box and now it seems to not be crashing! :smiley: Thank you so much, I’m so picky about my graphics settings and the difference is very noticeable to me when I have to use alternate AA settings.

This worked for me. I was using dx12 before and now i can get in. Before it would crash on load in. Thank you for the work around until things can get fixed

I got an AMD card and changing DX 12 to 11 worked for me just fine, although as far as I know I’ve never changed anything on AA since I installed the game ( is market as ‘None’ for quite a while)

I am using Vega 64 on 19.3.1 driver. Game crashes when using MSAA, on both DX11 and DX12. Playing without MSAA works on both, so I’ve been using CMAA as a workaround. Looks terrible, I’ve been spoiled. lol