Can blizzard address faction imbalance on pvp servers please

Free transfers are killing faction balance. Faction imbalance is killing fun.

Could we please know if Blizzard is planning to address faction imbalance in the near future (faction specific transfers, server merges by faction) or when Blizzard is planning paid characters transfers?

5 Likes

Have they ever addressed faction balance in the past 15 yrs? I stopped shortly after Panda, and I cannot recall them ever doing it.

10 Likes

Never going to happen.

You want faction balance? Reroll to the faction with the lower population. Be the change you want to see.

22 Likes

I agree, but people rarely do the change. To afraid to make the move.

1 Like

Plus, people like faction imbalance.

5 Likes

The problem is, alliance sucks.

Blizzard cannot force players to the alliance.

1 Like

There is no concrete way to fix faction imbalance without taking away the freedom of the players of punishing players for their decision. People tend to want to play on a server where their faction has advantage and that normally causes it to spiral out of control.

Like others have said, it requires players to actually make the switch, however it is like not going happen ever. Due to everyones desire to min/max these days there is alot more horde then alliance on pvp servers.

1 Like

If they don’t do cross realm battlegrounds then faction imbalance would fix itself (if free transfers are up)

Players have incentive to move to an underplayed faction, and incentive to move away from an overplayed faction

7 Likes

All they have to do is nuke crossrealm bgs.

When horde have to wait hours for a single wsg match, and cant rank up in pvp because they cant even get minimum honor thresholds for the week, pvp guilds will reroll.

Many pvp guilds rerolled back in vanilla when bg queue times were a problem.

4 Likes

If the total number of horde across all PvP servers is higher than the total number of alliance across all PvP servers then there is no way to balance them no matter where to transfer to/from.

5 Likes

Sure their is. Transfer some of them to PVE servers. It would be hilarious to see the look on someones face if he logs in on day and his gank rogue parked in redridge got moved to a pve server.

2 Likes

The only way to enforce faction balance would be to force players to a specific server and faction, you wouldn’t like that either.

Just do some research on server pops and roll on the one you like.

1 Like

I did when I transfered to a 45/55 realm, then came a second wave of free transfers that ruined it 25/75.

Recruite better.

Population imbalances are exacerbated by extreme server size. These servers have 10 times as many people on them as vanilla servers did. They should slam the login cap back down, implement faction specific soft pop caps, and then the world will feel morr balanced.

1 Like

YES PLEASE. Old Blanchy is like 4 to 1 Alliance over horde. Please you guys have been doing this for 15 years cant you put a faction lock on servers to keep them evenly balanced. PLEASE

1 Like

But you’re not taking into effect the higher alliance pops on PvE servers - ergo far less of a wait time than if the cross realm was just limited to PvP server groups.

Yeah, for cross realm battlegrounds I could see that working but I think what people dislike is the way world PvP is working because of the imbalance

Blizzard did address your concern and they are getting a big kick out of telling everyone they must reroll.

Sucks, i dont agree with it. But there is your answer. I have it in writing if you want to see it.

Phase 2 is going to be a HUGE problem for these imbalanced servers. When wpvp and farming each other is the only form of progression.

There still are several servers with layers so xfers will continue, but who is going to xfer into a complete unbalanced mess when they can just go to the winning side for an easy life.

my server is so alliance heavy (more then 75% vs less then 25% with toons level 45+) and because its a High pop server; Blizzard couldn’t even merge us with another server.

righ now its re-roll or hate life in p2.