Can artifact weapons be used to transmog over any other type?

I believe they change in shadowlands.

looking on ptr rn, they’re available in multiple forms

for example doomhammer variations are available under 1h maces, and also under the special legion artifacts tab

the one in the artifacts tab is the one that overrides any weapon type

I don’t think they’re removing these

Oh I see… okay so the PTR will literally allow any relic to be put onto anything else?!

This is good news… although I admit I am terrified that people had to endure not being able to do this for SO long o_o

so there is a limitation

I believe the demonology artifact is a dagger and a skull, so transmog it over anything you would also have to take the dagger transmog

if you wanted to mix and match with other main hand weapons, I think you’ll need 2 separate weapons

1 Like

I seriously hope many things can be transmoged as warglaives.

It’s like they forgot that weapon type exists in BFA!

My Demon Hunter alt looks so dumb with ONE warglaive and an axe!

1 Like

I believe that the system might be changed. I’m not too sure about artifacts.

1 Like

Wrong. They ARE keeping that, BUT you must be the same spec(demonology) which will force both main hand and off hand to that design. In order to use the skull of m’aari or w/e in affliction or destro, you must be using a off-hand.

Yes its on PTR actually. You can transmog 2 different artifact warglaives because axe/sword=1 hand like WGs.

1 Like

So I believe that if I can transmog my staff to fire mage’s artifact dagger? Wait I’m confused…

1 Like

No, a staff is a 2-handed weapon. Fire mage’s sword is a 1 handed weapon. 1 handed artifacts = 1 handed weapon equipped to transmog. Same rules as we have now.

2 Likes

I believe I can fly!
Sorry just too many…

3 Likes

That’s sad.

1 Like

Wait I have seen some cat druids transmog their staves into Fangs Of Ashmane. So I guess you can. I think spec also matters.

I just need proof…

1 Like

Artifacts are in two separate places now. In the normal transmogrification section, they follow normal transmog rules. In the artifact tab that we’ve had for years, they can be transmogged over different weapon types as long as you’re in that special for that weapon.

They kept both on purpose for more choices.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/more-transmog-flexibility-with-legion-artifacts-in-shadowlands/623515

2 Likes

You can do that now, but you are restricted to spec. A Feral Druid can transmog their Fangs over any weapon. But if they go Guardian they can no longer do that, but can with their Claws of Ursoc.

When you are in the transmog tab open the menu for weapon type and there should be a tab just for your artifact appearances for what ever spec you are in.

2 Likes

The reason you probably can’t mog is because you are using a wand to my guess. The artifact is a dagger and thus melee, using a sword or staff will allow you to mog the artifact over it. With shadowlands the restriction that casters face with wands should be removed.

2 Likes

I believe you need to respect the choice of words

1 Like

:grimacing: .

He’s wrong. I’ve transmogged the Demo Skull onto a staff and the Destro or Aff Staffs onto a MH/OH combo.

The only restriction is that they can’t transmog over wands, but that restriction is going away in prepatch I believe.

3 Likes

During Legion I was able to transmog my artifact (which is dual fist weapons but actually considered one weapon) with fist weapons from my collection. Since dual fist weapons are not actually a Druid weapon type, we cannot currently transmog a staff or polearm as dual fist weapons except if we are willing to use the claws appearance. I doubt they will change that. I have some great mogs using the mythic Bladefist on my 110’s but they will lose that if I level them up.

The artifact weapons are now going to fall under two different categories as of prepatch. First is what we have already. As long as you are the spec for the weapon, such as enh with doomhammer, you can put the appearance over any weapon.
With the changes you will be able to look under your appearance tabs under the weapon tab of the same type, such as doomhammer being a 1h mace, and will follow the same rules as every other 1h mace for xmog.

1 Like