Can anyone help me with some bear/health questions?

I’m at work but I’ve had some questions randomly pop up and gnaw at me and I won’t be able to test this myself until tomorrow afternoon lol.

Is anyone reading this planning on logging on tonight and are willing to help me answer some basic questions?

(You’ll have to at least have a basic understanding of percentages :stuck_out_tongue: )

Shoot

2 Likes

Sorry I took a bit to see this.

Alright so, I’m curious how exactly the increase in health works with bear, how the talent ursine vigor works into it, and how being dealt damage in bear translates to caster/human form.

Let’s say you have 100 health to start in base form. Let’s say bear brings you to 200 health.

—Ok so for example, if I started at 50 health (also 50%), and then went bear, would I get bumped up to 150 health out of 200 (75%) or would it bring me to 100 health in order to maintain the current % I was at prior to shifting? I assume the latter but I just want to make sure.

—Secondly, same question but in reverse. If I was at like full health or whatever honestly in bear form and got brought to say, half. Would shifting back to base form keep me at half?

—Now with ursine, it grants additional health (and armor) for 4s when entering bear right? So assuming it always matches percentages, this talent would be useful for say, pre bearing a chaos bolt or something telegraphed yeah? Say normal bear is 200 health but with ursine it’s 300. Say chaos bolt hits for 50 dmg. In base form, it’d take me from 100% to 50%. But if I had ursine and pre shifted it, I’d be at 250/300 which is ~83%. Thus if I shifted back after, I’d be at 83 health instead of 50. (Again, assuming %’s maintain).
———but if I was to shift it like last time and have 250 health, but then wait 4s and stay in bear, do I drop to 166 health which would be 83% of normal bear, or do I like keep the 50 damage and drop to 150 instead or something? I just want to know if these are consistent.

—Same thing with healing. Like if I use frenzy to recover from half health, does taking ursine make my frenzy actually heal more % wise somehow? I’d assume if it brings me from like 50% to 80%, having a larger health pool wouldn’t matter if when I went back to base (or moonkin) form it just kept my same % anyway.

I hope this made sense, I guess I just want to know if bear and ursine bump up %’s or if it’s more direct health focused or what because it may be a better talent for pvp than I originally thought. I never liked the idea of having a short BM or rally because say I pre beared a kidney shot, but before I got out of the kidney my health bonus fell off anyway, I didn’t want healers to think I was better than I was lol.

I also am suddenly just curious of the specific workings because while sometimes it could help, it sounds like it would really hurt healers to stay in bear. I’d hate to sit bear for a second and have a healer SLAM heals into me that would normally heal me for a much higher % of my health but since I have so much more max health, it may actually be incredibly inefficient. Ya know? Like if I was super low, say 10% and a healer cranked a 100 heal into me, in base form that would top me but if I had ursine, it’d only be a 33% heal. That’s obviously exaggerated but it’s a huge difference and the concept remains.

I don’t know, I’ll take any and all data I can get man. Really really appreciate it.

The latter

Yes. I do this all the time to quick heal with 1-2 Regrowths.

Correct

Yes’m

The % stays. So when Ursines Vigor drops, you maintain the 83% health (thus the 166/200)

Right. Frenzied heals a % of your health instead of a given amount. So if you went Bear, popped Frenzied and went from 50% to 80%, going back to moonkin form will leave you at 80% still.

This one. It’s all based on % and not overall. You get your 10% boost, whatever happens to your health in that span of time, then 4s later, you lose the additional OVERALL health pool, but maintain your current % of health. So if you had 200 base health, 300 with UV, popped bear, got healed to 198/300 (66%), then UV drops your health goes down to 132/200 (66%) instead of 198/200

As far as raw healing goes, Ursine’s would work against you for this exact reason.

Going from 200 health down to 20 health, healer pops off 100 into you, you’re now at 120 (10% to 60%). With Ursine you go from your 20 (7% health) to 120 out of 300 (40% health) as opposed to ending at 60%

Then Ursines falls away, and you’re still left with only 40%

I hope my answers made sense lol I understand what you were trying to say, but I was answering as I came across your questions instead of reading the whole thing and then trying to answer

2 Likes

All that makes perfect sense, thank you very much. It’s how I expected but reinforces a couple things:

One, I get told every time on the arena forums that heals like frenzy are basically getting buffed with larger health pools and I always correct them because… it doesn’t matter lol. Getting healed for 32% or whatever it is effectively is the same thing in any meta regardless if we have 100 health or 1 million health. (Assuming similar pacing of course).

Secondly, bear is basically only a button that is useful when needing to minimize damage while a healer is cc’d. If they’re able to heal you, you’re better off staying in any other form most of the time. I always knew this anyway for a variety of reasons but I wanted to make sure.

Lastly, it’s nice to know UV doesn’t work like rallying cry for instance. Or Battlemaster for that matter. I mean it kind of does but it won’t necessarily drop you suddenly to like 1hp like rally can when it falls. That was always my biggest concern with the ability. I didn’t want to pre bear a stun, then get taken to like 20% health and then suddenly be at 1% the moment my 4s were up. That would be terrible. I mean I know my health would still fall numerically, but never below 20% of the form I’m currently in which is the important part.

Thanks again man.

1 Like

Yup. This would be the biggest take

1 Like