Can anyone from Bliz give us a sign that they are even listening or even remotely care about Classic?

Title pretty much says it all.

The community has brought up many countless issues and all we get from blue posts are posts to an alliteration thread. Its kinda crazy.

13 Likes

It’s a legacy server, they did not actually think they would have to do any work or anything.

Just do work that has already been done and cash in on the nostalgia crowd.

2 Likes

They have, the next content release has been announced.

1 Like

OP, are you referring to things that you wish Blizzard would CHANGE from Vanilla design? If so, then their response would be obvious: “our approach is just to re-create Vanilla design, warts and all.”

4 Likes

When they said " warts and all" what did you think they meant?

4 Likes

They have made numerous changes since Classic’s release.

1 Like

I agree OP. It’s poor communication that we get alliterations and random easy posts on assorted topics - like the Whitemane server video and rolling a ret pally. I appreciate interaction like this tremendously, but would preference discussion around key topics substantially more.

There doesn’t need to be a single change.

But, there should be clarification around certain points to help facilitate more productive conversation. It’s the tough topics that warrant feedback the most, and the ones left silent.

It’s disheartening. I miss when I could call Blizz and ask what’s up.

6 Likes

Well, since the blues avoid this section like the plague it’s pretty obvious they give no f’s about wow classic.
It’s all about OW2 and D4.

1 Like

You all do have phones right? :wink:

2 Likes

the fixed version of classic is called retail.

the issues brought by the community… are part of classic.

I almost spit up when I read this… The fixed version is retail. :smile:

The word you are looking for is not “fixed” but it does begin with an F

2 Likes

Hes not wrong… In many ways retail is better just like in a many ways Classic is better.

To your OP though, Blizzard released classic in a way that requires the least amount of attention from them as possible as they intended to do. No amount of attention craving is going to change that. If you don’t like the way the game is going then you thought you did, but you didnt.

1 Like

Not like I expected a worthwhile answer on these forum but…

all the horde QQ’ing about AV queue time? -> mercenary mode.

all the ally QQ’ing about death squad during P2? -> warmode toggle

premade VS pug? -> ranked BG.

classic honor system? -> arena / skill-based ranking.

coming up soon : being ‘months behind’ in raid and guild won’t accept you without being mostly BWL geared? -> catch up gear.

PvE being a snoozefest? -> 4 different raid difficulty tailored to your specific commitment levels.

the list goes on…

5 Likes

Which points do you feel require clarification?

Is there a rule of thumb for which posts to are response worthy vs which ones aren’t?

If there are 17 posts on the same topic with debatable content, would it make more sense to chime in early or let the conversation play out with more voices, while collecting observable player data?

Which discussions are relevant on the forums seems to be somewhat dependent upon phase releases. However, there are also some incredibly obvious things that clearly require no feedback, such as “On my PVP server, when I venture into contested territory alone, if I run into a group of the other faction, they tend to kill me.” or “I have longer queue times for BGs on the faction that has a higher population. Please respond.”

1 Like

This, sinking dev time into classic defeats the purpose, which is to have 2 years of content with minimal dev time.

Every single dev they have is going to be trying to push out shadowlands, moving devs to classic hurts retail development and make the ROI on classic go down, this is bad in business.

Pretty sure there are different teams. And Classic likely has its own development team, who are probably there primarily as a maintenance team, and not to develop new features (obviously).

You have a better chance to part the Red Sea.

1 Like

Call him Moses.

1 Like

Yes, I work as a technical consultant. When a specific topic reaches a relative amount of discussion without clarification, I reach out and provide insight from the business’s perspective. This is expected from literally anywhere you do business.

Xyz happens at some store, so you go and inquire why and if there’s anything to be done. Quite frequently the answer is there is no resolution; however, the customer service doesn’t stay in the back room as a large portion of the regular customers are debating outside, then come out a few hours later to tell a joke and leave.

You get ahead of problems period. Additional data and revision is always warranted. It isn’t mutually exclusive, and changes to previous statements can be made along with reasoning as to why.

Of course it is relative to current events.

CMs have previously helped explain the most basic of things, such as how PvP servers are (the famous let there be blood response) and can state due to population the queues are how they are, we will not be able to resolve this without players opting to reroll.

Communication from a company is seriously one of the most critical metrics for customer retention. It isn’t always perfect, it is a transparent conversation to ensure end users are aligned.

It really isn’t difficult or complicated, and there is no justification why a face of a company doesn’t communicate with end users.

2 Likes

I have your sign for you, did Blizzard take out your monthly subscription fees this month? If so that is a sign they care.