Can a Lock main or WoW Dev explain?

Yo wsup yall u good guys, enjoying current state of monks and ret in PvP?
Well whatever, thats not the topic of this Post.

I got crit for 29k by an Affli lock, can somebody tell me how a ROT spec can crit for this hard in pvp? While Unholy Soul reaper does maximum 5k dmg if it ever procs?
I mean if it was a destro with Chaos bolt I wouldnt complain u know, but it was some Afflock.
I dont get it pls explain, im actually just curious guys.

3 Likes

Rot doesn’t exist in Shadowlands. “Things need to die.”

4 Likes

Never try to reconcile any form of Blizzard decision making or rationales. It will only push you into a full blown psychotic state where your family finds you eating out of a Wendy’s dumpster in tinfoil underwear.

8 Likes

No one should ever die to death bolt more than a few times in their life. It’s the most telegraphed one shot in the history of WoW with major tells.

If the lock is not putting UA on more than 1 person, they are likely playing death bolt. If you see them casting soul rot, you know it’s coming. As soon as they get their soul rot off, they will pop dark soul and dark glare, and you have 3 globals since the soul rot to dispel the person they are looking at, or have them pop an anti magic defensive, or CC them and line for a few seconds. You do any of those, and you don’t get 1 shot.

For the record I hate deathbolt or any 1 shot gimmick and never play it. But any aware player should rarely die to it unless the enemy team sets it up perfectly.

15 Likes
  • Cast agony
  • Cast corruption
  • Cast unstable affliction
  • Wait for agony to reach max stacks
  • Wait for 3 soul shards
  • Cast phantom singularity
  • Cast soul rot
  • Cast rapid contagion
  • Cast darkglare
  • Your healer doesn’t dispell you at any point during this 3minute setup
  • Your team does nothing to stop me from casting or putting you in my LoS
  • Cast deathbolt.

Btw deathbolt has a cast time so you can just interrupt it too and completely screw this stupid gimmick Blizz put together.

9 Likes

Way cooler when you say it that way. brb logging on to my lock now

Forgot to mention that it must crit to hit that hard on a class that most likely doesn’t have more than 5 of 6% crit chance.

1 Like

Okay well what if a warlock team plays correctly and crosses well on the death bolt go and baits/prevents the dispel :crazy_face:.

I’m not sold on death bolt being a gimmicky noob check. You can bait a dispel with shadowplay super easy send the instant stun/coil whatever and PI that thing and get it off eventually. What is it a .9 second cast + soulrot

Ret wings is pretty telegraphed and somehow rets be making it work

4 Likes

There’s a lot of other things you can do to stop it, doesn’t have to be a dispel. Most classes have something that will completely negate it, or well enough for it to not hit very hard.

“What if the team plays correctly and crosses well”

Then they deserve to potentially kill the person? Not sure how to even address that one.

And then you go on to compare ret wings, something that you can press at any instant with no setup and lasts for 20 seconds, to a one shot that takes 10 seconds to set up, and can be countered by a single person on the team hitting one button lol

3 Likes

It’s not worth arguing it it’s like the chaos bolt 2.0. They’ll move from saying it’s telegraphed to we need this soon

2 Likes

dispel cd is faster than deathbolt setup. It’s not just one dispel.

It also fails if you CC the lock through their rapid contagion or phantom singularity or soul rot duration.

Each of those are cooldowns so there’s only one shot until you need another round of setting up.

Instant cast with no setup

1 Like

So it’s sort of comparable to blinding light cheese, it’s a stupid 1 trick that can be stopped just by paying attention. All these dumb gimmicks really need to go away.

Just an observation though, ret wings and ret in general is only an issue bc warrior. I wasn’t sure about it until I started farming 2.6-2.8 rets on my alt in 2s, getting killed by ret most of the time means you screwed up.

Unless there’s a warrior forcing every single defensive just by existing. 2s may be a meme bracket but it shows certain specs deficiencies.

the only decent hard cast afl has… deathbolt, along with a hundred other setups.

buff lock its unplayable

1 Like

Yes my healer dispels UA and loses 30% of their hp and then gets instantly put into cc chain epic

Thx, i legit didnt even know thats a thing

Isn’t the death bolt setup just doing your damage rotation and then asking for PI lol. You have full dots on the target and then you dark soul into death bolt and can hit for 50k wow sounds pretty good but to warlock players not good enough because there are ways to counter it.

I swear it’s time and time again warlocks are the most biased and delusional. Warriors get mad when you shutdown their warbreaker with disarm root spam cc.

My dark transformation window is completely negated by rooting the pet or just walking backwards away from it as it moves base movement speed all game

Having counterplay is a good thing despite what the warlock community seems to believe. It’s good you can disarm warbreaker/doomwinds. It’s also good that you can bop a disarm and then the other team has to quickly commit another stop.

It’s good that my go can be stopped by a root

It’s good that you can match your trinket to every seraphim/wings. Oh ret is just impossible to beat absolutely no setup required actually shutup if you play warlock/caster/x and die to a ret paladin that’s embarrassing

But no warlock is just bad and will never be good because there exists a way to stop their one shot. Gtfoh

5 Likes

In warlocks defense they see there wizard counterparts (fire mage) press one button and destroy people. Also counter-able but it’s one button

1 Like

this is actually correct

7 Likes

You don’t know how warlocks work but you always seem to complain across the forums like you do :thinking: that zugzug brain in action

4 Likes