Campaign Quest Locked Behind Raiding

This still doesn’t justify slow-dripping the lowest form of raid content to the most casual group in the game. If your raid leader expects you to do LFR content to gear for heroic that’s between you and your guild, Blizzard should not design around the degen community.

7 Likes

Blizzard only cares about pockets of its shareholders, not about own customers…

2 Likes

You have no idea how powerful tier is.

I actually do, I’m really looking forward to the catalyst unlocking so I can finally play the VDH DiF build as it’s intended to be played since I don’t get to raid and can’t seem to get lucky in my vault. It’s not that big of a deal though that you need to make yourself miserable and do content that you don’t want to do to get it.

Edit: bloodmallet sims actually shows you the difference between tier and no tier if you’re curious, you’ll probably get more mileage out of playing better than just “getting tier”. Also hopping out of this thread good luck casuals, just going to turn into a spitting contest where heroic+ raiders think they’re entitled to everything cause they’re Blizzard’s favorite game mode <3

4 Likes

Which is funny to me, because I unsubbed today. I might resub on 6/20, or I might not, but I guarantee I would’ve been subbed the whole time if I weren’t being timegated from the thing I wanted to do today.

3 Likes

It’s locked behind raiding because Blizzard found out raiding is one of least favorite game modes…

This is how they increase or maintain time played.

4 Likes

Then you should not have released it until LFR opened. Period.

Because you spoiled it for everyone who doesn’t raid. Thanks for that.

Once again proving Blizzard only cares for raiders.

14 Likes

You’re doing the very exact thing you’re writing about, so I’m unsure of where you’re going with this… :confused:

1 Like

Irony when catch gear gear to exp nerfs in TBC crying that the game is ruined to begging to remove personal loot in SL makes me think people have no idea what entitled means. When any change that not for the hardcore is a storm of tears and when it for the hardcore, it gaslighting that daddy knows best and everyone is just bad for even daring to make it more casual.

1 Like

Because… it’s… what you deserve?

Thank you for reinforcing the point that this timegating only serves as some sort of arbitrary punishment for people who use lfr or don’t raid.

6 Likes

Neat. I like how that story ended.

“For those of you who do not raid”

But they do raid, they raid LFR. They’re just waiting on you to release the wings already because time-gating the easiest version of the raid is ridiculous.

I neither care about the story nor do I need to wait for LFR to release to do it, I just feel bad for the LFR raiders and the casuals who have to wait until June 20th.

11 Likes

Then just put a warning in the quest that the player should complete the raid first, then let people skip that requirement if they want to.

5 Likes

how many of the hard core raiders are deeply invested in completing the storyline quests anyway? How many of them will rush off to do world content once they finish the raid instead of doing pvp or grinding m+ to get more gear?

The only “losers” in the current situation are probably the people who actually do pay attention to the story, but cant because its been prioritised to the people who wont do it, because its “bleh world content”

6 Likes

Here’s in plain English for those who don’t understand some mumbo jumbo…

“Please stay subbed for another month at least, pretty please!” :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Or as everyone else has mentioned you can just watch it on YouTube, and then go on forums to spoil the ending anyway. See the loop hold in this logic.

Gatekeeping will push more players into watching the story through other content providers, which means those who you think are staying around for the story will take the easy way.

2 Likes

bruh idc release the rest of the raid now not until june 20th . This ISNT HOW U KEEP PLAYERS SUBBED AT ALL fyi . Super L move blizz . IF ITS FOR THE STORY THEN WHY IS IT TIMEGATED ? IT MAKES ZERO SENSE TO LOCK IT WHEN U RELEASED THE FIRST HALF ALREADY . JUST RELEASE THE REST OF THE RAID FFS .

BTW ITS ALREADY SPOILED FOR AL LOF US BY HAVING US WAIT FOR THE LFR WING JUNE 20TH , IT WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE .

WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO GO TO YOUTUBE TO PLAY THE EXPAC STORY BECAUSE YOU KEEP DOING TIMEGATING FOR STORY CONTENT .

UNBELEIVEABLE :dracthyr_no2:

7 Likes

Raiding is the lowest form of end game after PvP and M+, please stop designing the game around it.

2 Likes

I don’t know a single player that wants to raid. Such a trashcan end game.

1 Like