Since servers went live, when mounting up on any corpsefly mount, the camera angle shifts to be so high that I can’t see my character on my screen at all. Lord of the Corpseflies, Maldraxxian Corpsefly, Regal Corpsefly, etc. are all included in this.
is it the mount doing this? holy crap im going insane trying to figure out why my main cant mount without being offscreen
This is a continuation of an ongoing mount bug that has impacted everything with the K’aresh bird skeleton (including the customizable dragonriding mount) and has spread slowly to other flying mounts including the octopus ones and now these. So far they have not even acknowledged it.
yup it sure was the fly. well guess im not using that one anymore
Experiencing this as well with the Corpsefly mounts along with a few others. The Grand Expedition Yak is also doing this, however, re-mounting resolves the issue. Re-mounting does not resolve the issue with Corpsefly mounts.
fwiw, this was the same issue with the Windborne Velocidrake before patch, but was fixed as of yesterday. Remounting did not fix, though if you logged out mounted, when you logged back in the camera was correct.
Lots of mounts have their cameras locked FAR above the mount’s model to the point where I cannot even see my character on the ground.
Smoldering Cinderbee, Timely Buzzbee, Bronze Corpsefly, Pearlescent Butterfly are the ones I found so far (I like my bugs, okay?)
Specifically on a female blood elf model. But it happens on other races as well.
I’ve noticed it on both male human and undead models as well.
Update: Changing my flight style from skyriding to stable and then back to skyriding seems to have fixed the camera angle issue, even after remounting multiple times.
Update 2: That worked yesterday, but not today for some reason. Back to square one I guess.
this is happening on my duskflutter ardenmoth mount on a vulpera
Seems to be anything with wings - not happening on horse, mechanical, broom type or disc mounts. On the winged mounts (or a large majority of them PLUS the Grand Expedition Yak), the camera zooms so high as to be almost top down. With the winged flying mounts the view distance is ridiculously high when moving through the sky. Resets to normal once dismounted.
this also happens with the Rocket Shredder 9001
I’ve now also seen it happen with the Grand Expedition Yak, resulting in having to point the camera almost top-down in order to interact with the transmog npc/vendor.
Also seen it with the trading post butterfly.