Calling all mages

Are you just not queueing solo shuffle?

past 3 games,

Ret Ele Lock

Ret Ret Lock

Ele Ret Ret

Warr Ret Lock

Legit feels impossible, I’m only losing rating, I cannot compete damage wise, and poly useless if i can even not get into a double rsham lobby to even hopefully land a poly it’s on the healer for 1 second.

Not sure what to do, might just hang up the mage entirely for now feels like garbage

5 Likes

I feel your pain. I’m sorry. Make a warlock? all I can think of.

Yes, and the number of boosters is ridiculous. About 1/3 games are boosters.

What’s wrong, can’t play without glacial spike cheese?

2 Likes

Mages have been riding cheese builds since Gpyro dropped in Legion. Not a surprise. Which is extra funny because mage has the best tool kit for dealing with ret. Probably doesn’t realize they can steal freedom and bop. Many such cases.

Whose casting bop into mages?

Silly; most rets talent into super duper freedom, that can’t be stolen. Also, who casts BoP when they can cast Divine Shield and still deal nuclear damage? Even stealing BoP does nothing since they can judge you and send you straight to the 141st layer of hell with their holy damage.

4 Likes

I think people completely lose focus when they see someone saying their class has been nerfed to trash and they reply “Your class has been dominating since Expansion X”; Ok Player vs Player games need changes, there will always be a meta game and the right thing is for it to always change, but very large discrepancies are bad, all classes should have a close balance, people celebrate when they see a class being ruined, this is bad for the game, it loses audience, that’s how franchises come to an end, it doesn’t end overnight, it reduces little by little.

3 Likes

Which is now gone as of 10.0.7

4 Likes

Also paladin damage has changed it’s now called holy strike and so it’s now considered physical damage and no longer goes through bop

1 Like

Frost mage my last lobby quit on round 4

Was me on BM hunter
Ret
Ele
Rsham
Rsham

He did not have a good time poor soul

Yep, I stopped queueing on mine. Had double ret + triple ret lobbies.

Final straw was a Ret at 2400 MMR bubble first global… I thought it was a fat finger, then saw it another round… He went 5-1. Post nerf…

1 Like

Nice. I started playing an MM hunter. Fun class.

It is nice to play a class that feels more true to it’s original design.

90% ice lance damage is just getting old. I want to be a glass cannon again then do setups into a big shatter.

Lol…. Unless you play with a ret mages are worthless.

1 Like

Has not existed since the rework, silly. Proof that most people don’t understand how ret actually works (surprising since it’s simple enough a monkey could get 2400 with it) and especially don’t understand how to kill one. Blessing of Freedom has no dispel protection now and they only get one charge of it.

1 Like

In shuffle? Lots of people, especially since apparently most mages don’t even have spellsteal bound, and the ret is more worried about dying against the other melee in the lobby than the brain damaged frost mage.

Few months ago i was in a lobby with hpal, hpriest, arcane mage, frost mage, spriest, and me (WW) everytime the pally would freedom or bop none of the priests or mages would take the bop/freedom off preventing me from getting a kill several times…

1 Like

Woah don’t attack my one brain cell like that! I spell steal all the freedoms and bops :joy: in saying that, i also tried to poly a feral the other day… i revoke my brain cell comment, roast away

1 Like

Yeah that sounds about right.

Its holy/physical. As radiant js holy/fire.

The way multi-class spells are supposed to work is what ever will do more damage is what is calculated not both types.

So in the case of bop, holystrikes should do holy damage as physical would do none.